Asus rt-ac5300 help strange issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Scorps75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:46    Post subject: Asus rt-ac5300 help strange issue Reply with quote
Hello,
Firstly hello to everyone on here and thanks for taking the time to read this.
Currently im using Merlin firmware for my Asus rt-ac5300 and im running into an issue.
im on a 330/45 mb connection here in the uk.

I have the latest merlin version firmware 384.13, i have flashed this more than once and done complete factory wipe no restore of any kind.

Now me and my 2 kids play fps games a lot, for instance apex legends. So we can go on and play do really well (top 3 most games) that evening.
Get up the next day and we go on again and cant seem to hit a barn door, check ping looks ok 18ms max, usually aroun 7ms / 8ms.
Check bufferbloat its between ratings of B and A. So i think ok reboot router, then we game again. Suddenly were back to hitting everything and doing as we would normally, top 5 area with around 7 kills each, buffler bloat is usally an A after reboot.

Ive been monitoring this for a couple of weeks now, and been trying to get to the bottom of the issue for a lot longer, ive changed network cables, plugged everyone directly into the router and not the netgear switch. Seen the same result for a while, i even changed supplier and still see the same issues, i tried the provided fritzbox as well and it seems to not cope with the connection to well at all.

So what could this be? is it time for a new router with SQM, fq-codel like this router has,and see how it goes or is it something else?
I was using the script by fresh jr at one point but its had no updates for a while either.

all help appreciated, do i need to find a new router?

ps. The router is about 2 years old now.
ppps. I wonder if the cpu cant handle the processing at fast speed of 300MB connection to well with the fq-codel (1.4 GHz dual-core processor)

Do i need a quad core cpu, reading around it may be the case......

i have never used DD-WRT so im new and after any advice thanks.
Sponsor
Scorps75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thnaks for all the valuable information, i think ive got someway into partially solving this now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: