New BrainSlayer Build: 2019-10-01 r41218

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ mrjcd Then if that’s the case and what you are seeing I will do another clean install/upgrade of current build and apply settings a couple times and see how it does. Another thing I’ve noticed on the EA8500’s is after a clean install/upgrade when it reboots the web interface isn’t available until I power cycle it. I use FireFox private mode so it doesn’t hold any settings but 9 out of 10 times I still need to power cycle it. No big deal, just come to expect it now.

In any case will definitely archive this build in case things get whacky on new build. Going to do a clean install of current build shortly and take your advice on the Apply Settings a couple of times and see what kind of uptime the current release could do... Thanks for you help!
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
after a clean install/upgrade when it reboots the web interface isn’t available until I power cycle

I don't have that problem with my two EA8500 but I've read that others have.
I do see that sometimes on other routers I have but all in all it ain't a big thing.

good luck with your ovpn --
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
r41328 is a good'n but the ovpn still has the ol bug of NOT changing settings in GUI unless you 'Apply Settings' twice or reboot.
That's the way it is on my ovpn server anyways and noted in other forums / other routers.
I reckon most folks don't tinker with ovpn once its working but I just been playing with new Encryption Ciphers.

Regardless of all that I think BS has sorted it out and it might be good in next release.

'bout all I know Razz

BS fixed ovpn buggy webif 'Apply Settings' ...should be good now using r41351 or newer Cool
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:

BS fixed ovpn buggy webif 'Apply Settings' ...should be good now using r41351 or newer Cool

Thanks, we'll keep an eye out for the next release.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna,
There is link to r41351 for EA8500 from the 'Installing DD-WRT on the Linksys EA8500' page.
I stick builds on there that I think are good .... unless BS tells me to stop Twisted Evil
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
05dyna,
There is link to r41351 for EA8500 from the 'Installing DD-WRT on the Linksys EA8500' page.
I stick builds on there that I think are good .... unless BS tells me to stop Twisted Evil
Thank you, will give it a try later tonight when I get back.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
05dyna,
Thank you, will give it a try later tonight when I get back.

Just know that we cannot discuss anything on these forums about that build.
It is NOT a public release.

ok very good ....carry on Razz
pedrohsk1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had problems with this build, I had internet disconnects for no reason, but it came back fast, I see if it was the ISP, but it seems not. I'll check it out better.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: