Local Access only on 2.4GHz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sassriverrat
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:30    Post subject: Local Access only on 2.4GHz Reply with quote
Good Morning,

Thinking about flashing a Linksys EA6350 to load Pydio (or something similar) for a movie server. Recommendations welcome.

Anyway- I was wondering- I'd like to setup two networks, a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz. Is it possible to setup the 2.4GHz such that it is open, transmits an SSID, but only provides users local network access (denying internet access) while setting the 5GHz to have internet access? I know I could do this if I wanted to specify to block all MAC addresses except a few specified but the "turnover" of devices would make that a huge hassle versus just having two networks and those with access to the 5GHz get internet....

Thanks!
Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
THat is doable.

On Setup->Networking
Set up a different dhcp server for the 5GHz and 2.4 GHz.

You could set up bridging for each as well.

Then on Administration->commands, set up iptables to deny access based on the bridge or ipaddress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: