Going from Kong to Brainslayer R7800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
James Greystone
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 22:09    Post subject: Going from Kong to Brainslayer R7800 Reply with quote
I have been using Kong since I bought my first router. As much as I would like to keep doing that I just don't feel comfortable switching platforms since I am so familiar with dd-wrt.

I feel it makes sense to move over to Brainslayer builds since he has been developing for this group for a long time, and will allow me to keep up to date.

I know that I will have to reset and input all my settings from scratch.

I just want to make sure that there is nothing else I need to be aware of in terms of look and feel perhaps, VPN settings etc, as I have never seen images of Brainslayers builds. Is the layout pretty much the same?

Just want to makes sure I won't be surprised by something so I can get up and running as quickly as possible.

Also is this all I do first from ssh into the router
nvram erase then I reboot ??

Thanks Gang.
Sponsor
ACwifidude
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
They have a couple of different add-ons, otherwise the main organization is exactly the same. Biggest improvements are with QoS since the July 11th Kong build. BS’s latest build has been working well on the r7800’s.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/09-26-2019-r41174/netgear-r7800/

If you are updating via GUI: toggle the “After flashing, reset to” to the option “factory defaults”. It’s that easy to update from Kong and start fresh.

I’ve been using MSOengineer’s wIfI settings with good results: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1154617#1154617

Inactive: R6250 X 2 BS DD-WRT
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, moving along is no go for me yet...
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6825
If reset is compulsory, than i need those bridge's
will wait...

the only thing i get in Kong build, that concerns me and is nothing special is :
daemon.warn dnsmasq[1865]: reducing DNS packet size for nameserver 127.0.0.1 to 1280

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 46329 BS AP,NAT,AP Isolation,Ad-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 46166 BS AP,NAT,AD/Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -----DD-WRT 46259 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -----DD-WRT 46259 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,VLAN's,DoT,VPN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: