Help needed! - WAN IP 0.0.0.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
sudheeshb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:24    Post subject: Help needed! - WAN IP 0.0.0.0 Reply with quote
Modem : LinkSys WRT1900ACS . Firmware version 4009.

I changed the stock firmware to DD-WRT firmware 4009. Installation went fine. But the wan IP always stays at 0. It works fine with stock firmware.

Did the following things.

1. Rebooted the cable modem and router multiple times.
2. Did some googling and found the mac address change can cause this issue. The last digit of the mac address is changed by dd-wrt installation ( 8 to 9 ). I did a Mac clone and reverted all the mac address i( two of them wan and lan) as the one given in the back side of the router ( stock firmware uses this ) using dd-wrt web interface. It didn't help.
3. Looks like Openwrt also gives same issue.

Any thing else that I should try? I reverted back to stock now.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
That was what I was going to suggest was doing a mac clone. You may have to do it via telnet or ssh:

https://serverfault.com/questions/266482/dd-wrt-mac-clone-terminal-command
sudheeshb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just looked at the link. Do I need to set it as a cron job?. Or executing it only once in a command line is fine?. Is the following commands work? ( after doing a ssh to router)

mac_clone_enable=1

wan_hwaddr=00:AA:BB:CC:DD:EE ( This I will get from the back side of the router )

def_hwaddr=00:AA:BB:CC:DD:EE
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I am not mistaken, you will need to do this at least via telnet/ssh and use 'nvram set' prior to each line, followed with 'nvram commit && reboot' when you've entered those. Worst case is having to add those to your startup script.
sudheeshb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK. Will try that. Thanks!
pmckay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 14:33    Post subject: Re: Help needed! - WAN IP 0.0.0.0 Reply with quote
sudheeshb wrote:
Modem : LinkSys WRT1900ACS . Firmware version 4009.

I changed the stock firmware to DD-WRT firmware 4009. Installation went fine. But the wan IP always stays at 0. It works fine with stock firmware.

Did the following things.

1. Rebooted the cable modem and router multiple times.
2. Did some googling and found the mac address change can cause this issue. The last digit of the mac address is changed by dd-wrt installation ( 8 to 9 ). I did a Mac clone and reverted all the mac address i( two of them wan and lan) as the one given in the back side of the router ( stock firmware uses this ) using dd-wrt web interface. It didn't help.
3. Looks like Openwrt also gives same issue.

Any thing else that I should try? I reverted back to stock now.

That's been happening a lot to me with the recent set of builds. Rebooting didn't always help. I find I have to issue the following commands to get it back, and this always seems to work. Seems like a timing problem to me.
Code:
stopservice wan
(wait a couple of seconds)
startservice wan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried both options. Still Wan IP is 0 0 0 0.

First tried in a command line , after login into the router via ssh.
nvram set mac_clone_enable=1
nvram set wan_hwaddr=00:AA:BB:CC:DD:EE ( This I will get from the back side of the router )
nvram set def_hwaddr=00:AA:BB:CC:DD:EE
nvram commit.
reboot.

Wan IP is still 0 0 0 0 after reboot.

Then I tried

stopservice wan ( This gives error when I execute it for the first time. The error is 'eth0: No such process'. Second time it is fine )
(wait a couple of seconds)
startservice wan ( This gives error when I execute it for the first time. The error is 'cat: can't open '/proc/net/ip_conntrack_flush': No such file or directory'. Second time it is fine).

No Wan IP after reboot.

I switched off the cable modem for 5 min. Then again tried. No luck. Switched back to stock.

Any help is appreciated.
thomasashwin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 13:06    Post subject: Marvell MVEBU based Hardware Reply with quote
I have also faced that type of problems regularly…for that reason, I changed my connection from cisco to Wanos network.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't understand "Firmware version 4009"...

09-04-2019 r40900?

06-11-2019 r40009?

r40009 is the most stable recent build, so I suggest using that for now until the dust settles (a lot of changes in recent months).
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only other thing I can think of to try is to reset nvram to defaults and re-configure from scratch in DD-WRT and you may have to contact your ISP.

More advice from another thread from @blkt:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1176690#1176690
sudheeshb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using 06-11-2019 r40009. Firmware used is linksys-wrt1900acs. My router model name is WRT1900ACS. FCC ID is WRT1900ACV2 ( back side of the router). I will try with ACV2 version also.

I have flashed DD-WRT earlier , probably a year back, it was working fine ( forgot the version no ). Then I went to OpenWRT which was also working fine. I decided to use Stock because my Amazon cloudcam was not working with either DD-WRT and OpenWRT I want to try DD-WRT again, because I read somewhere that cloudcam issue was resolved.

Will try resetting nvram and using different versions of firmware.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes there are four different firmwares for that series of router. Be sure to match the firmware with your exact variant and revision.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
^ Yes. You have to use specific firmware files on this router. Otherwise, it won't work.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
To clarify, ignore the FCC ID! The model number (Model No.) is the correct identifier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: