WRT3200ACM no internet after flashing DD WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
You want the WAN MAC listed physically on the bottom of your WRT3200ACM (a white sticker).

Log in to the DD-WRT Web GUI control panel. Setup: MAC Address Clone: MAC Clone set to Enable.

Enter the WAN MAC address found on the bottom of your Router in the field labeled Clone WAN MAC.

Save. Apply. Apply again for good measure. Reboot Router.

Edit: I found another thread with the same problem on WRT1900ACS. There may be a problem with recent builds of DD-WRT.

Try resetting to factory default settings in DD-WRT's Web GUI under the Administration Tab.

Have you tried powering on the modem first, then 5 minutes later powering on the router? Maybe try the reverse order too, router first then modem.

Lastly, try power cycling both devices with the ethernet cable between them disconnected then five minutes later connect the ethernet again.

You may have to use an earlier known working build of DD-WRT for now.

If you want to test that theory, go back to June 11 build r40009 with a reset to default settings.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/06-11-2019-r40009/linksys-wrt3200acm/
Sponsor
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
You want the WAN MAC listed physically on the bottom of your WRT3200ACM (a white sticker).

Log in to the DD-WRT Web GUI control panel. Setup: MAC Address Clone: MAC Clone set to Enable.

Enter the WAN MAC address found on the bottom of your Router in the field labeled Clone WAN MAC.

Edit: I found another thread with the same problem on WRT1900ACS. There may be a problem with recent builds of DD-WRT.

Try resetting to factory default settings in DD-WRT's Web GUI under the Administration Tab.

Have you tried powering on the modem first, then 5 minutes later powering on the router? Maybe try the reverse order too, router first then modem.

Lastly, try power cycling both devices with the ethernet cable between them disconnected then five minutes later connect the ethernet again.

If you want to test that theory, go back to June 11 build r40009 with a reset to default settings.

Thanks for the recommendations. I will try all of them but in a couple of days as I’m out for work. I will be back with the result soon. Thanks again, any other suggestions much appreciated
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's the http download in case your browser has issues with ftp, but I highly recommend Waterfox or Pale Moon.

06-11-2019 r40009 for wrt3200acm
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
i assume you've tried different DD-WRT builds? Or are you flashing the same build each time when you've returned back to stock?
I would try a build from early Feb 19, before they started with lots of changes.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, if you are going back to February use 02-06-2019 r38581 for wrt3200acm.
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:

Hi again!! Today I tried with the 02-06-2019-r38581/linksys-wrt3200acm/, I tried also with the correct MAC address from the router, I disconnected both Ethernet cables and all the rest of the options connecting one first then the other... still WAN IP 0.0.0.0. I noticed one thing. When it’s running the Linksys firmware when I disconnect the Ethernet cable the internet light on the router blink orange but if I install the dd-wrt the internet light on the router is steady orange wether the Ethernet cable is connected or not. I attached the three images of the pages after installing the dd-wrt.
I appreciate if anybody can suggest something new. Thanks
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
was this router supplied by your ISP?
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
foz111 wrote:
was this router supplied by your ISP?

No, the router is mine, I bought it.
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Then the mac address shouldn't make any difference what so ever.
i am at a loss as to why you're not getting an IP from your modem after flashing. Hopefully someone else can help you further.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smaller pictures please.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:54    Post subject: WRT3200ACM After flash to latest dd-wrt//openWrt wan ip 0 Reply with quote
Hi guys
I just bought WRT3200ACM, last week.
I have Fiber connection, there is no off//reset switch on this connection, just strait female Ethernet.
My old Router provided by ISP and it's working. (strait connection with other router//pc//laptop all works)
WRT3200ACM working too with the Linksys latest Firmware.
The problem is the custom firmwars DD-WRT//openwrt, after flashing DD-WRT or OpenWRT, the router wont connect to the internet through the direct connection but working if i connect it to the Lan of the old router or switch.
I did research whole the internet, seems no one could fix this issue.
1. Change//clone//spoof Mac address, useless.
2. Static IP: add manual IP//DNS// etc: useless

The question is, Is there any fix for this or I have to return it back until I got return policy door's open???

Any new help//suggestions, please don't bother with old sugestions I did every thing. Flash it 1000 times to older newer firmware of dd-wrt wont help.

Thanks in advance
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which build(s) have you tried? Please don't use the router database, especially avoid build r40559.

Does your ISP do NAT already for you, before it reaches your router? Does your ISP have any requirements?

Are you sure you cloned the WAN MAC address? It's easy to confuse LAN, WAN, or each radio's MAC addresses as they are usually incremental.
snill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, thanks for replying,
I only have one Fiber connection so I use one router connecting to it.
When I connect a laptop directly to the fiber I get ip that starts with 92.xx.xx. I believe it is a public ip. Then through the old router 192.xx.xx.
My ISP uses auto dhcp config, they told me the connection is plug and play. It's working with all kinds of router and computer that I have at home.
I cloned mac address by using the old router//pc mac//wrt3200acm mac// in the clone mac sections// it just won't get internet.
I used the latest firmware from betas//ftp links 2019 all from 31 of January to 10th of December. Non of them working.

Why it's working with Linksys firmware not dd-wrt or openwrt!?

🤔 I don't get it, what's the problem?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1185494#1185458
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: