New BS Build: r40900 (09/04/19)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
vit5421
DD-WRT User


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 413

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because Kong is out i did try the latest BS build on Netgear r7800 and was fully disappointed. The cake is not optimized for speed and i have up to 300mbs only out of my 570mbs ISP speed.  The BS bufferbloat here is normally B compare to A and A+ on new Kong OpenWRT
_________________
Netgear R7800
Sponsor
kretex
DD-WRT User


Joined: 24 Apr 2019
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lusitano wrote:
Unable to flash all tplink units !!

Code:
tl-mr3220v1
tl-wr740nv4
tl-wr841ndv7
tl-wr841ndv8
tl-wr841ndv9
tl-wr841ndv11


I flash 3420v1 and 940v6 using ssh putty
on 3420v1 after fw r39956 web flash not working
on 940v6 after fw r40863 web flash not working

Rolling Eyes
kretex
DD-WRT User


Joined: 24 Apr 2019
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 15:07    Post subject: Re: TPlink router won't accept new upgrades Reply with quote
yaecon wrote:
I want to upgrade my TPlink router WD841N v9 from r40890 to r40900. Router is alive and works. However after choosing the proper upgrade file and clicking on UPGRADE nothing happens, message "UPGRADING ..." stays there for ever.

I've tried another WR841N v9 router and noticed this problem still exists with version r40900. Furthermore it appears that the SAVE and APPLY button do not work properly.


thats the bug on web gui Rolling Eyes
try r40863 cz on 940v6 web flash work ok
after upgrade to r40890 web flash cannot use upgrade to r40900 Confused
vortex05
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 203

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
TFTP'ed back to 40863 on WR841N-V9
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7365
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
vit5421 wrote:
Because Kong is out i did try the latest BS build on Netgear r7800 and was fully disappointed. The cake is not optimized for speed and i have up to 300mbs only out of my 570mbs ISP speed.  The BS bufferbloat here is normally B compare to A and A+ on new Kong OpenWRT


we need a QoSWRT to start up.. years and years of broken ipq806x latency..

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ----> DD-WRT v3.0-r44474 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44251 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 7209
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
we need a QoSWRT to start up.. years and years of broken ipq806x latency..


So when can we expect your first test build?
marcelo3d
DD-WRT User


Joined: 07 Aug 2017
Posts: 74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried CLI flashing, but that does not help. It looks like the image is too big for the dir615c1
Code:
root@DD-WRT2:/tmp#  wget ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/09-04-2019-r40900/dlink
-dir615c1/dir615c1-firmware.bin
Connecting to ftp.dd-wrt.com (185.84.6.100:21)
dir615c1-firmware.bi 100% |********************************| 3780k  0:00:00 ETA
root@DD-WRT2:/tmp# write dir615c1-firmware.bin linux
Image too big for partition: linux
linux: Invalid argument

M.-
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7365
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
we need a QoSWRT to start up.. years and years of broken ipq806x latency..


So when can we expect your first test build?


its technically been done already (kong), which is why its so irritating to see his already completed work, absent since its supposedly "already in the source"

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ----> DD-WRT v3.0-r44474 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44251 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 7209
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
we need a QoSWRT to start up.. years and years of broken ipq806x latency..


So when can we expect your first test build?


its technically been done already (kong), which is why its so irritating to see his already completed work, absent since its supposedly "already in the source"


So, you have no local working copy or the source tree or development environment set up?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7365
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
we need a QoSWRT to start up.. years and years of broken ipq806x latency..


So when can we expect your first test build?


its technically been done already (kong), which is why its so irritating to see his already completed work, absent since its supposedly "already in the source"


So, you have no local working copy or the source tree or development environment set up?


no if i knew linux alien language/code it would be done already. i say its supposedly already in source cause thats what kong told BS when he asked him, and BS told me that, *shrug*

k3.18 would probably fix all this.. and it cant be that terrible being eol since a ton of routers are still using it (and older kernals)

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ----> DD-WRT v3.0-r44474 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44251 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 7209
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
no if i knew linux alien language/code it would be done already. i say its supposedly already in source cause thats what kong told BS when he asked him, and BS told me that, *shrug*

k3.18 would probably fix all this.. and it cant be that terrible being eol since a ton of routers are still using it (and older kernals)


Welp, you could always learn....
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 1254
Location: Illinois Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
MomenMamdouh wrote:
Builds from r40723 to r40900 are considered bad firmwares on TP-Link Archer C7 v2, because of enabling QoS settings will cause random reboots, and make the router unusable.I hope someone would create a ticket for that


How fast is your ISP speed? C7 and A7 seem to only be good to about 130-140mbps when using Q.o.S. otherwise you need to disable qos and turn on SFE.

Also, don't bother using cake or fq_codel_fast...not enough CPU to get much over 85-100mbps before you max out the cpu/soc.

HTB & Pie will get you up to about 135-140mbps down without maxing out the cpu/soc.

This is from extensive testing today on a A7v5 all day. with no crashes 40900. Not sure what soc the c7v2 has.

A7v5: CPU Model Qualcomm Atheros QCA9563 ver 1 rev 1.0 (0x1150)
CPU Cores1
CPU Features MIPS32r1 MIPS32r2 MIPS16
CPU Clock 775 MHz (seems overclocked from what I find on wikidevi having this at 750)

_________________
TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | QCA WIFI WIKI | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]44467 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 nightly (2xOffsite)
[R7800]taking a nap
[WDR3600]BS 42567 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare here napping)
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7365
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
MomenMamdouh wrote:
Builds from r40723 to r40900 are considered bad firmwares on TP-Link Archer C7 v2, because of enabling QoS settings will cause random reboots, and make the router unusable.I hope someone would create a ticket for that


How fast is your ISP speed? C7 and A7 seem to only be good to about 130-140mbps when using Q.o.S. otherwise you need to disable qos and turn on SFE.

Also, don't bother using cake or fq_codel_fast...not enough CPU to get much over 85-100mbps before you max out the cpu/soc.

HTB & Pie will get you up to about 135-140mbps down without maxing out the cpu/soc.

This is from extensive testing today on a A7v5 all day. with no crashes 40900. Not sure what soc the c7v2 has.

A7v5: CPU Model Qualcomm Atheros QCA9563 ver 1 rev 1.0 (0x1150)
CPU Cores1
CPU Features MIPS32r1 MIPS32r2 MIPS16
CPU Clock 775 MHz (seems overclocked from what I find on wikidevi having this at 750)


c7 is a tplink version of dlink dir-862L, with qca9558 @ 720mhz

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ----> DD-WRT v3.0-r44474 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44251 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 1254
Location: Illinois Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
c7 is a tplink version of dlink dir-862L, with qca9558 @ 720mhz


C7v5 and A7v5 are identical too, except for flash layout.

HTB & Pie work best on the C7v5/A7v5 on my comcast 180/12 line. I would imagine the same on the slightly slower 9558.

are you seeing random reboots Tatsuya?

_________________
TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | QCA WIFI WIKI | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]44467 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 nightly (2xOffsite)
[R7800]taking a nap
[WDR3600]BS 42567 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare here napping)
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7365
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
c7 is a tplink version of dlink dir-862L, with qca9558 @ 720mhz


C7v5 and A7v5 are identical too, except for flash layout.

HTB & Pie work best on the C7v5/A7v5 on my comcast 180/12 line. I would imagine the same on the slightly slower 9558.

are you seeing random reboots Tatsuya?


i havent moved from the builds in my signature yet, everytime a release is made i see more qos related commits on svn, going to wait till they slow down before i poke BS with every stick i can find

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ----> DD-WRT v3.0-r44474 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44251 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum