WireGuard VPN tunnel successful but no connection

---XbNz---
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 15:06    Post subject: WireGuard VPN tunnel successful but no connection Reply with quote
I made the WireGuard tunnel, it works, "traceroute -i oet1" responds, a traceroute is successfully completed via the WireGuard server. So I know for a fact that it is indeed connected to the WG host. However, I've spent the past 2 days looking at tutorials online as to how I can set up my firewall, startup scripts, etc... to allow my ethernet ports and wireless devices to use the WireGuard tunnel's IP. Everything has failed so far. Usually when I enter a firewall command or a startup script and restart the device, it gives me no connection, not even my WAN, everything dies. To fix it, I have to clear the NVRAM of the scripts, restart again, then I'll receive my usual WAN IP. Is there any way to get this to work?

Device info:
ASUS RT-AC1750B1 (AC66UB1 clone)
DD-WRT: ASUS RT-AC68U (works with AC66U_B1 model due to the same exact hardware specifications)

Welcome to the forum Smile

Are you setting up to a commercial provider or to your own WG server?

You can find the Wireguard setup guide here: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1183135

The problem at this moment is that there is no NAT and no default routing over the tunnel.
You need a script for that which is also available in the WireGuard Setup thread (second post)

I am currently testing an upcoming build which will not need a script any more so that should take your troubles away (I hope).
Unless I find any show stoppers I hope the build, with this incorporated, will come out the next week Smile
Sponsor
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
PM EGC to look at this thread.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Moving this to Advanced networking.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: