WRT3200ACM with wifi issues after pass change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
kimo49
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 17:25    Post subject: WRT3200ACM with wifi issues after pass change Reply with quote
Good morning all, I have read a lot including Cliff Notes and others but it seems my issue is unique or I could not find the answer in the forums. I bought a WRT3200ACM & successfully install the latest DD-WRT V2.0-r405559 build. I get the DD-WRT menu & able to login initially but when I change the SSID and password I can no longer connect to the wifi or router.

With the default DD-WRT password I have no issue connecting to the wifi but it is not protected as it is open. I don't know if got a buggy build or if it got corrupter when installed. I already reset it twice and try to change the password and SSID on both the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz and same thing happens. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Can I reflash it with an older stable build? If so, which is the best way to go about. Sorry if this has been asked before but I spent the last two days researching the forums in order not to ask a dumb question and could not locate the answer.
Sponsor
bobeid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
your problem seems to be similar with what I am encountering on my WRT32x. See my post https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320853. I also did not got any reply.

The way I solved the issue: select ONLY WPA Personal and WPA 2 Personal with AES.

Post results here if works or not. Cheers.
kimo49
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 14:05    Post subject: I sure that is what I chose Reply with quote
See my attached screenshot when I set it up, I did that to remember what I had chosen but unfortunately I couldn’t get into my router after applying the settings. Btw, I did reset the router and used the newer build from 8/14/2019 and same issue. What I don’t understand in getting no replies is it because people don’t think we have read enough or they don’t know what is causing it. I spent almost three days reading the posts about my router on here and I used the Ethernet cable to update my router but still couldn’t get it going.
bobeid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
uhm, so, from my personal perspective, no one should read all these recommendations.If a feature does not work on a particular device, it should be provisioned to that device.
I have also lost several hours on trying to solve all these issues, until I got my working combinations: WPA1 Personal+WPA2Personal++AES.

There is also the possibility they don't know Smile, or they haven't read yet the posts.

Now I have even got the USB-TTL cable so that I could see, if possible, at the lower level what is happening when the router is not responsive.... ... appart from this I want to put wrt3200acm firmware on it, along with dd-wrt... or open-wrt.

Last edited by bobeid on Fri Aug 16, 2019 17:14; edited 1 time in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have to select an algorithm (AES). You won't be able to connect without that.
kimo49
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I will try that when I get home. I appreciate the help.
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, definitely select the AES algorithm on the right, the first one listed there. Don't select any others.

But also, have a look at https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Atheros/ath_wireless_settings to sort out the rest of the wifi settings.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
kimo49
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 22:38    Post subject: Thank you, I got it working. Reply with quote
I very much appreciate the help of all infinnaly got I finally got it working. All your advice made much easier to find a solution to my problems. I did read a lot but i must have missed something. Have a great day. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: