DD-WRT Web GUI Not Working Correctly...

TechAndrew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 19:08    Post subject: DD-WRT Web GUI Not Working Correctly... Reply with quote
Hello,
I am having an issue with using DD-WRT. It would periodically stop allowing access to the Web GUI, with the error simply being "Connection refused", even though it was previously working fine. The same goes for the FTP and Samba the router is hosting. They would both periodically stop working, mostly alongside with the Web GUI, forcing me to reboot my router. The Wi-Fi and its speed are still exactly the same. The router is in AP mode and is using the latest beta of DD-WRT (Dec. 15, 2016).

I'd appreciate if someone could find a solution to this problem, as it is frustrating to reboot my router multiple times per day, because of the hard drive connected not being able to be accessed from other computers.

Thanks,
TechAndrew
Sponsor
metafizik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 23:42    Post subject: Connection Refused from wireless LAN workstations Reply with quote
I have the 04-Jul-2019 build of dd-wrt installed on a Linksys wrt-3200acm and get connection refused when trying to access the web gui from wireless LAN workstations. I have most of the devices on my network configured to access the Internet via IPVanish using the OpenVPN client so I thought maybe that was the reason. I am using policy based routing to configure which local devices use the VPN. I configured one wireless client to NOT use the VPN and still got connection refused. I can only access the web gui from the 1 workstation that is wired to the router. I am using are either Chrome on Linux or Android on the devices where I am having this problem.

Does anyone know what I need to do so I can access the web admin console from wireless clients?

Thank you in advance & thank you for this wonderful software.

Regards,

~metafizik
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only thing I can think of is checking the wireless advanced settings to see if webUI access is disabled. FWIW, this function doesn't work if it's enabled or disabled to keep wireless clients from accessing the webUI like it's supposed to on Broadcom units. So, if it's working correctly on that device, you are lucky. There is a reason for wireless to not have access, but if you want it enabled, that is where to look, at least on Broadcom. Only other place I can think of is Administration somewhere.
metafizik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the information kernel-panic69. I couldn't find an Advanced Wireless section.

All I can say for sure is access to the web gui is flaky as heck. Oftentimes I can't even access it from the wired workstation.

After much experimenting I have found if I connect a workstation to a SSID of a 2nd bridged router I can access the Gateway router's web gui. At this time that seems to be the most consistent way to access it. Go figure.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regards,

~metafizik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: