DDWRT not communicating with external Radius Server - solved

kitsab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 22:10    Post subject: DDWRT not communicating with external Radius Server - solved Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm setting up a freeradius server on a VM.
Arch linux container, mysql Authentication, Freeradius3 and Daloradius.

At the moment I'm using my Asus RTAC66U router to run freeradius, it is working but I'm planning to replace it with the VM server.

If I try to perform radtest:
router IP 192.168.100.222
FreeRad3 Server 192.168.100.201
Laptop with radtestinstalled 192.168.100.240

radtest testuser 123456 ServerIP 1812 NAS-Secret

I entered two Network Authentification Servers (NAS) in daloradius and added the testuser. 1st for NAS for the router 2nd NAS for the notebook.

If I'm doing the radtest from the notebook I receive a Access Accept.
If I'm doing the radtest from the router by SSH shell there's no response on the Radius Server (radiusd -X).
I'm able to ping the Radius Server from the router but radtest request seems not to reach the server.

I also thougt the radtest version installed on the router (I think freeradius 1.x) is too old.

But evenif I use the DDWRT interface and reconfigure my WIFI security to use the external server - the server did not even see the access requests from the router.

I have no idea why the traffic is lost or blocked.

Thanks for suggestions and answers.

Best regards

Kitsab

[solved] - I don't know what exactly happened, but after experimenting with the WLAN I restored the settings and to the router. Additionally I swichted off my VM server for to days - and now it is working.
However, I already rebooted and when the issue was there.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: