WRT3200ACM r39800: Android S8 and Wifi exclamation point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
goffredo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 23:01    Post subject: WRT3200ACM r39800: Android S8 and Wifi exclamation point Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I have a WRT3200ACM running "DD-WRT v3.0-r39800 std". To it, I connect my Samsung S8 phone running Android v9.

Pretty much any time I pick up my phone and unlock it to do a quick web search or something, I notice the phone's status bar at the top shows the wifi icon with an exclamation point in the bottom-right corner. (see attached screenshot) Some moments later (maybe 5-10 seconds), the exclamation point goes away and the normal wifi icon with the little tx/rx arrows at its bottom-right corner shows up. The exclamation point tends to disappear until such time as I fire up the wifi connection after some duration of not using it.

My phone's wifi sometimes works, and sometimes it will inexplicably stall out during a webpage load or syncing my Strava activities or other web sessions, at which point I just sigh and switch off the wifi to use my cellular data connection (which *always* works rock solid).

This has been an issue since I installed DD-WRT many months back, which has been bothering my ever since. I'm getting kind of irritated so I thought I'd post and see if anyone here has any advice.

Please let me know if I can upload screenshots from any wifi test apps on my phone or router to help diagnose.

FWIW, I run router-based (Mullvad) VPN full time. Having VPN security is the primary reason I installed DD-WRT. My desktop and laptop work fine with the wifi (though as to be expected, slower than a raw connection to my ISP). My girlfriend's iOS phone seems to work fine as well, without wifi glitches. Just my Android phone.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: