Netgear R7000P possibly soft-bricked? DD-WRT -> Stock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Retr0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:52    Post subject: Netgear R7000P possibly soft-bricked? DD-WRT -> Stock Reply with quote
Sorry in advance if I start rambling.

I followed the 30/30/30 reset instructions. Logged into the dd-wrt GUI and flashed the stock Netgear firmware (chk). Rebooted router. Am now seeing the default SSIDs. Can connect and get IPs, however I am unable to access the web GUI (192.168.1.1,) either via ethernet or wifi. Interestingly, I was able to access the initial first time setup page (asking to send statistics, etc...) after assigning a static IP (192.168.1.2, was assigned 192.168.0.xx ???) and after agreeing, was then redirected to the main page, but it times out. FWIW, the router is connected to an XB6 gateway and the LEDs are indicating link activity. I have rebooted numerous times. Still no luck.

What do?

TL;DR - Did a 30/30/30 reset, flashed stock firmware, now unable to access web gui/internet, default SSIDs are visible and am being assigned IPs... That's about it.
Sponsor
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:20    Post subject: Re: Netgear R7000P possibly soft-bricked? DD-WRT -> Stock Reply with quote
Retr0 wrote:
Sorry in advance if I start rambling.

I followed the 30/30/30 reset instructions. Logged into the dd-wrt GUI and flashed the stock Netgear firmware (chk). Rebooted router. Am now seeing the default SSIDs. Can connect and get IPs, however I am unable to access the web GUI (192.168.1.1,) either via ethernet or wifi. Interestingly, I was able to access the initial first time setup page (asking to send statistics, etc...) after assigning a static IP (192.168.1.2, was assigned 192.168.0.xx ???) and after agreeing, was then redirected to the main page, but it times out. FWIW, the router is connected to an XB6 gateway and the LEDs are indicating link activity. I have rebooted numerous times. Still no luck.

What do?

TL;DR - Did a 30/30/30 reset, flashed stock firmware, now unable to access web gui/internet, default SSIDs are visible and am being assigned IPs... That's about it.

first off, you shouldn't do 30/30/30 on ARM.

next, did you try using the reset button backside of the router (hold it for 10 seconds or so)?
Retr0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:14    Post subject: Re: Netgear R7000P possibly soft-bricked? DD-WRT -> Stock Reply with quote
nolimitz wrote:

first off, you shouldn't do 30/30/30 on ARM.

next, did you try using the reset button backside of the router (hold it for 10 seconds or so)?

Wow, there it is. In big, bold letters. smh...

Well, I must admit I was a bit confused, since any talks about R7000P go into the Broadcom forum, yet there's also an ARM forum. Saw Broadcom in that link and went for it.

Regardless, I was finally able to get back into it after following your advice. Thank you very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: