(SOLVED) Asus Ac5300 as transparent bridge, Router swap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
madhits45
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:55    Post subject: (SOLVED) Asus Ac5300 as transparent bridge, Router swap Reply with quote
I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS setup as my transparent bridge handling pppoe sign on. I want to switch to the ac5300. So I manually copied all the settings over to the AC5300 and its not getting a wan ip when i connect the modem.

The main difference between the 1900ACS and the AC5300 is the vlan section and I know from everything ive read that this has to be setup right in order to work.

My modem an actiontech q1000 handles the VLAN PTM 201. There is no vlan tag settings needed on the 1900acs, but the ac5300 has a vlan section and im not sure what to do with it? Can someone explain what I need to do with the vlan section or can i just disable vlan or bypass since from my understanding the modem handles this.

Last edited by madhits45 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 17:00; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
dun4cheap
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
You probably already did this but just in case. Modems usually bond to the mac address of the device plugged in to the wan port. Have you power cycled the modem.

The port 80 forwarding bug with out reapplying settings appears to have been fixxed.

3 Buffalo WZR-1750DHP - DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

6 Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

all in eoip configurations, some with vlans running wep and wpa.

Some with proftp enabled and smb enabled. Mixed ISP from Timewarner cable, Cox Cable and AT&T Uverse.
madhits45
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 16:59    Post subject: SOLVED Reply with quote
You know what, that was it. I had rebooted a few times earlier but for some reason it did not take. After resetting the ac5300 again and rebooting the router it figured it out and grabbed the settings from the modem which had not happened before (i manually added them before).

Anyway I'll mark this solved with 1 note to future readers. If manually adding setting setup PPPOE first get that going and then add the rest of your restored settings, this gives the modem time to send the PPPOE specific settings to the router & you can restore everything else in the meantime. If you manually add the settings it somehow wont work.

THANKS for your reply..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: