Questions for R7000P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nate619sd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:42    Post subject: Questions for R7000P Reply with quote
I am no noob to flashing devices, however, when it comes to routers, I have never done it before as i've always had the incompatible modem-router combo's until now.

looking forward to DD-WRT and have hit a few hurdles before my toes touch the ground....

FIRST, seems there's precious few guides... or at least for this model

to clarify for onlookers:
R7000 is NOT the same as R7000P

however, I do not know if "2019 version R7000" is supposed to be the "R7000P" or if it's something different completely.

at the same time, I have seen a thread here that mentions "R7000P" during the years 2017 and 2018 which seems to suggest they are not the same.

If a netgear vet could clarify, that'd be amazing Smile but I am primarily seeking UP-TO-DATE guidance as there are many warnings floating around about "newer netgear routers" blocking aftermarket OS's

those warnings also do NOT clarify if the flash blocking is merely preventing installers from running (router survives) or interrupting installers (BRICK) or if the newer official updates have begun to block, versus only specific models

that is all very concerning, having learned the kinds of things to watch for in the world of "flashing stuff"

SECOND
the page specific to this model has a section with info on disabling the LEDs

I'll admit i'm a little rough with command lines, and would simply like to ask.... if that bit of info has gone obsolete since this model has been supported for a long time

---has a feature to disable the LEDs been implemented into the GUI since then?
Sponsor
nolimitz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 19:30    Post subject: Re: Questions for R7000P Reply with quote
nate619sd wrote:
I am no noob to flashing devices, however, when it comes to routers, I have never done it before as i've always had the incompatible modem-router combo's until now.

looking forward to DD-WRT and have hit a few hurdles before my toes touch the ground....

FIRST, seems there's precious few guides... or at least for this model

to clarify for onlookers:
R7000 is NOT the same as R7000P

however, I do not know if "2019 version R7000" is supposed to be the "R7000P" or if it's something different completely.

at the same time, I have seen a thread here that mentions "R7000P" during the years 2017 and 2018 which seems to suggest they are not the same.

If a netgear vet could clarify, that'd be amazing Smile but I am primarily seeking UP-TO-DATE guidance as there are many warnings floating around about "newer netgear routers" blocking aftermarket OS's

those warnings also do NOT clarify if the flash blocking is merely preventing installers from running (router survives) or interrupting installers (BRICK) or if the newer official updates have begun to block, versus only specific models

that is all very concerning, having learned the kinds of things to watch for in the world of "flashing stuff"

SECOND
the page specific to this model has a section with info on disabling the LEDs

I'll admit i'm a little rough with command lines, and would simply like to ask.... if that bit of info has gone obsolete since this model has been supported for a long time

---has a feature to disable the LEDs been implemented into the GUI since then?

I will answer FIRST question only as I have no experience with Second one.

If your router says its R7000P then thats what it is, R7000 is a different device.

Just flash the correct R7000P flash file (I use Kong builds on mine) using the Netgear’s web gui and if its successful you will see ddwrt web gui after reboot, otherwise ddwrt flash will be rejected and thats it.

Erase nvram after flashing so you start fresh, more info in wiki article about nvram erase.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Netgear_R7000P

Only one version of this router is listed.
mick007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 22:18    Post subject: NetGear R7000P & DD-WRT Reply with quote
Dear nolimitz:

I recently purchased a NetGear R7000P and successfully installed Kong DD-WRT v3.0-r39345M kongac (04/03/19). When flashing Kong from NetGear's Web GUI, make sure to uncheck 'save settings' and reboot. You may need to do a hard reset. I used file 'dd-wrt.K3_R7000P.chk' and upgraded using file 'dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_R7000P.bin'.

I am now struggling with scripting my NordVPN service - especially regarding an "ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun", and exit log message. Smile

Regards,

Mick - Just a Retired Network Sec/Routing Admin, Ethical Hacker, C programmer, Computer Engineering Geezer, with several years utilizing DD-WRT on Asus and NetGear home routers - Now a hobbyist.

PS. DO NOT USE NordVPN's script - it has an openvpn command error, which has hung around way too long.
tinkeruntilitworks
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
for the lights
from the gui go to the admin tab then commands sub tab
paste the code from the device wiki site and hit save startup

if you have wired connections you'll get a light for their connection but the bulk are off

Screenshot_2019-07-31 DD-WRT (build 40352) - Diagnostics.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.26 KB
 Viewed:  230 Time(s)

Screenshot_2019-07-31 DD-WRT (build 40352) - Diagnostics.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: