Problem with installing external USB hard drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Mazufa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mazufa wrote:
SurprisedItWorks wrote:
I have never tried OpenWRT, but my general impression is that using it is more involved than using dd-wrt because you are really building a custom router OS for yourself using a large kit of components. (Anyone?)

But why can't I stick to file sharing on my named hard drive? Every time I hit apply settings and save the hard drive I named will disappear .... This has been a problem from the beginning.

Do I just have to say that I did not succeed and give up?

I've had so far satisfied with the DD-WRT software. But this NAS problem has made me nervous this week when I tried to get a shared external hard drive.

Maybe I just have to give up on this?

I build a FreeNAS server and then I have enough space my data.

I have now connected the external USB hard disks normally the computer's USB port.

I'm really annoyed when I couldn't share an external hard drive using DD-WRT software.

I now implemented my external USB hard drive share through Windows using the folder sharing service! Smile This does the same thing as sharing via DD-WRT.

In addition to that, I will build a FreeNAS server. My friend is bringing me 8 hard drives this week.
Sponsor
Mazufa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today I tried to install the latest dd-wrt firmware on my Linksys wrt 1900acs v2 router. The installation failed for some reason and after installation I still had the 39144 version installed.

What could be wrong with the latest version not being successfully installed?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mazufa wrote:
Today I tried to install the latest dd-wrt firmware on my Linksys wrt 1900acs v2 router. The installation failed for some reason and after installation I still had the 39144 version installed.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320696
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
The latest one is too large for partition two. It has to be installed in partition one. See the Cliff Notes sticky at the beginning of this forum for how todo that.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Mazufa wrote:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320696

I have successfully upgraded to the latest version of my DD-WRT firmware as shown in this picture! Smile

Many thanks for your help! Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: