Linksys WRT1200AC - Cannot get speeds greater than 100 Mbps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Ivo_K
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 14:59    Post subject: Linksys WRT1200AC - Cannot get speeds greater than 100 Mbps Reply with quote
My router seems capped at 100 Mbps. Is it a limitation of this router (or the DD-WRT Firmware)? I am not using QoS.
Will appreciate any help.
Sponsor
surfguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hate to say it, but I think both Brainslayer and Kong are no longer interested in development for the new WRT series, there were problems with Linksys from the start if I remember right and from what I understand Linksys has now stopped development on it themselves, I've had problems with 5ghz for a while with DDWrt on my wrt1200. So if you'd like to use third party firmware for the new WRT series, you might look into OpenWrt at this point, I'm running it on my wrt1200 and it runs well.
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
surfguy wrote:
I hate to say it, but I think both Brainslayer and Kong are no longer interested in development for the new WRT series, there were problems with Linksys from the start if I remember right and from what I understand Linksys has now stopped development on it themselves, I've had problems with 5ghz for a while with DDWrt on my wrt1200. So if you'd like to use third party firmware for the new WRT series, you might look into OpenWrt at this point, I'm running it on my wrt1200 and it runs well.

I'm not sure how they (BS and Kong) deal with these routers. My Buffalo (wrz-hp-ag300h) bricked back at r38840 because of size, but they are still producing ongoing growing flash sizes for it even though it can't be flashed since February builds. Almost seems like they use a master build that autonomously creates all these flashes for different chip sets, and they don't deal with things individually unless a ticket is put in, and they actually acknowledge there is a problem (with is hard to do sometimes).

My ISP service is 200x20. I can get full speed until vpn comes into play. Then its about 105x20 within vpn.
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 19:10    Post subject: Re: Linksys WRT1200AC - Cannot get speeds greater than 100 M Reply with quote
Ivo_K wrote:
My router seems capped at 100 Mbps. Is it a limitation of this router (or the DD-WRT Firmware)? I am not using QoS.
Will appreciate any help.

What release are you running on it now, is it a version 1 or 2?

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
surfguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
scar1943 wrote:
surfguy wrote:

I'm not sure how they (BS and Kong) deal with these routers. My Buffalo (wrz-hp-ag300h) bricked back at r38840 because of size, but they are still producing ongoing growing flash sizes for it even though it can't be flashed since February builds. Almost seems like they use a master build that autonomously creates all these flashes for different chip sets, and they don't deal with things individually unless a ticket is put in, and they actually acknowledge there is a problem (with is hard to do sometimes).

My ISP service is 200x20. I can get full speed until vpn comes into play. Then its about 105x20 within vpn.

Yeah, that's what i assumed too. I should have made a ticket but it didn't even occur to me to do so, one of these weekends when i have some free time i'll reinstall and go through to see what needs to be reported.

Btw, i had the stuck at 100mbps problem too along with the 5ghz problem (just forgot to mention it).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: