R7000 Issue Accessing via Serial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
conveXion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 19:17    Post subject: R7000 Issue Accessing via Serial Reply with quote
Hello, I'm having some trouble accessing my R7000 via serial interface. I'm using a CP2102 adapter and putty. I've tried swapping the Rx and Tx lines as was mentioned on a post concerning the CP2102, but have the same issue which is a blank command window even when hitting Ctrl-C repeatedly when powering on.

I've triple checked my settings through various tutorials and everything is correctly set in putty (115200 rate, 8-N-1) and can't figure out why I'm not getting anywhere. The router can be accessed through its standard address when not attached by serial so it isn't bricked.

One thing I've noticed is that when the serial interface is attached, all lights on the router remain solidly lit, not sure if that means it's locking up. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rx, Tx, GND. No +3.3V or +5V connected. Is putty using the correct serial com port? Only issue I have ever had was bad connections, but that was all part of the learning curve.
conveXion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, all the connections were correct. I just now finally got it to work by first turning on the router, jamming the CP2102 into the USB port, and then quickly starting putty. Suddenly the router would post and I could access CFE. Odd issue, but at least things are working correctly Smile
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insert adapter into USB port, launch putty, power up device, and CTRL+C ... that seems to have always worked for me. Putty has to have the driver loaded for USB to UART serial adapter when it's launched to work AFAIK. Also helps if you have the serial console settings saved to load after launching it Wink This usually isn't a problem using Linux and minicom. Anyhow, that's my thoughts. You pretty much have to power up router and hit CTRL+C simultaneously.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: