R7000 stops functioning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
AlmostEpic89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:07    Post subject: R7000 stops functioning Reply with quote
Over the last couple weeks I've noticed a strange behaviour with my R7000 where the router seems to completely stop functioning randomly and requires a manual reboot before it starts working again. When it stops working the 5Ghz network disappears but the 2.4Ghz network shows as available but receives no response and devices show an authentication error.

I attempted a hard line connection to the router from my laptop and the laptops ethernet adapter status shows packets sent but no packets received when trying to identify and receive an IP address.

It started out happening around once or twice a week but this evening began happening constantly, only staying alive for approx. 2-3 minutes after reboot. I did find that if I unplug my modem and leave it unplugged the router doesn't seem to have the issue but as soon as I reconnect the modem the router locks up again after a few minutes. The lights on the router continue to blink as if nothing is wrong as well.

I tried updating the firmware to the newest version from Kong but it didn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas on what to try next or maybe an idea on what could be causing the issue?

Netgear R7000

Previously running DD-WRT v3.0-37015M kongac (9/23/1Cool

Updated to DD-WRT v3.0-39960M kongac (6/08/19)

CPU Broadcom BCM4709
CPU speed 1000Mhz
CPU temp avg 49.5C
Sponsor
flyzipper
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd restore to defaults and manually reconfigure (don't apply a saved backup).

SSH to the device, the issue the following commands...

erase nvram
reboot
AlmostEpic89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
That might have fixed it. Seems to be staying online now and stable.

I did clear settings before and after the update, and manually reconfigured and cleared nvram but it seems doing it a second time has solved the problem.
flyzipper
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
AlmostEpic89 wrote:
That might have fixed it. Seems to be staying online now and stable.

I did clear settings before and after the update, and manually reconfigured and cleared nvram but it seems doing it a second time has solved the problem.

Glad to hear!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: