Weirdness with QoS and guest network.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
froggy51
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:37    Post subject: Weirdness with QoS and guest network. Reply with quote
This is pretty strange - in my opinion anyway.

Build - 44538

I have recently changed ISP in the UK to Airband. I use a Zyxel modem/router as gateway and my Netgear R9000 as AP (no DHCP, WAN configured as switch, operating as router only, DNSMasq disabled). I want the R9000 mainly for Wireguard and QoS. I also don't operate any wifi on the R9000 itself. I use a mesh network (Devolo Magic Wifi Home plugs which feed back to a hub and then LAN side on the R9000)

After reading the QoS Wiki I set the QoS up on both LAN & WLAN, which apparently is correct for AP's. This works great for my main Wifi in the home (on the Devolo mesh - I get all A's on dsl reports - it's awesome), however the Guest network completely fails (also on the Devolo mesh). I need the guest network as I have guests staying (a lot). So any ideas on this mind bender would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
What are you QOS settings?
froggy51
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Issue resolved.

Seems in creating the WireGuard tunnel I created a new interface which somehow conflicts with Ian side QoS. Anyway, all seems to work now. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: