Ubiquiti Power AP N locking up switch after several hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices
Author Message
TheGodBean
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Aug 2012
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 13:01    Post subject: Ubiquiti Power AP N locking up switch after several hours Reply with quote
My ISP router doesn't support full port forwarding capability (you can't forward e.g. port 2222 to 3333, the external/internal ports have to be the same) so I decided to dig out an old Ubiquiti Power AP N router which I bought about 7 years ago to do the job. I flashed the latest firmware to it (DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 std (10/10/1Cool) but it seems after 6-12 hours things stop working correctly with my current setup (most likely a config issue)

Setup:

ISP router ---> Ubiquiti ---> Devices (wi-fi)
.........................---> Switch ---> Devices


The ISP router has address 192.168.1.1 with DHCP enabled (192.168.1.2 - 100). I've assigned static IP address 192.168.1.3 to the Ubiquiti router. I forward ports from the ISP router to the Ubiquiti IP and then from the Ubiquiti to the relevant devices and that works fine. The ISP and Ubiquiti routers are operating in 'normal' mode with their firewalls etc up and running - (the ISP router doesn't have a modem only mode.)

The Ubiquiti router has automatic WAN config enabled and then a LAN IP of 192.168.0.1 with DHCP enabled (192.168.0.2 - 100)

These are disabled (I tried enabling them but still get the same issue):
Use DNSMasq for DHCP
Use DNSMasq for DNS
DHCP-Authoritative

Everything works fine but then after 6-12 hours the devices connected to the switch become inaccessible through my network. I've used this switch for several years and never had any problems with it.

So, for example, I can connect to my Ubiquiti wifi with my phone and access the router settings etc, but if I try to connect to any of the devices connected to the switch the browser just hangs and then times out. I have to reboot the switch and Ubiquiti to get things working again.

I looked at one of the devices connected to the switch and it had lost its IP4 address but had an IP6 address even though IPv6 is disabled on the Ubiquiti - IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP are enabled on my ISP router though but I wouldn't have thought that affects things. When the issue occurs the Ubiquiti only has 10-20% load so it's not being overloaded by anything. There's also 5MB of free memory so that doesn't seem t be the issue.


Should I disable DHCP on the ISP router (considering I'm not using it anyway) and change the Ubiquiti WAN setup to static IP?

Basic setup screenshots:
https://snag.gy/FMWKUP.jpg
https://snag.gy/UQRsbS.jpg
https://snag.gy/1OpBgc.jpg

Any help appreciated.
Sponsor
TheGodBean
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Aug 2012
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems it may have just been my mobile device acting strangely for some reason. The switch and router have actually been working fine. Disabling and reenabling my mobile’s Wi-fi a few times seems to fix the issue when it occurs - not sure what causes this still but it only happens every few days so not an issue.
Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum