R7800 openvpn unusual client log entries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Mrmad1966
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 15:43    Post subject: R7800 openvpn unusual client log entries Reply with quote
Folks/Gurus
I've only recently had some problems on my network. Clients have mentioned how the network seems slower than usual and some smart devices have become unresponsive on occasions. On exploring my syslogs I have noticed entries (namely the cipher incoming and outgoing AES) entries quite regular which I can not provide an explanation for. If anyone could shed any light on any possible explanations I'd be grateful. Please see my attached screenshot
Thanks
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is nothing to worry about and not pointing to any problem

Your remote client has comp-lzo in its config and you have Compression Disabled, that is what it is complaining about but it is only a warning, if you want to get rid of the warning adapt the remote client.

The cipher defaults to AES-256-GCM if you do not want that then you have to specify otherwise, same for the control channel.

OpenVPN is always complaining about link-mtu just ignore it.

So nothing wrong and not related to any problem you have

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Mrmad1966
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
That is nothing to worry about and not pointing to any problem

Your remote client has comp-lzo in its config and you have Compression Disabled, that is what it is complaining about but it is only a warning, if you want to get rid of the warning adapt the remote client.

The cipher defaults to AES-256-GCM if you do not want that then you have to specify otherwise, same for the control channel.

OpenVPN is always complaining about link-mtu just ignore it.

So nothing wrong and not related to any problem you have

Thank you so much for taking time to respond. Really appreciate the reassurance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: