I stupidly bricked two WRT54GL routers - any ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
johngammel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 19:32    Post subject: I stupidly bricked two WRT54GL routers - any ideas? Reply with quote
I was time-slicing cleaning my office, rearranging everything and updating a WRT54GL V 1.1 router to 8/12/10 version and then copying in a bin file from another router. The source might have been on another slightly different version - don't know now that I stop and think about it - and right now it's loaned out. I ended up with blinking power LED, all four port LEDs on and internet LED on. So I just placed it aside and did the same steps thinking it had failed - STUPID.

I've tried all the normal steps up through TFTP. Can't ever get it to ping and Windows 10 thinks the cable to the Ethernet port is disconnected.

Doing a JTAG just isn't worth the work/time to do it. Any ideas on other things I can try?
Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 20:09    Post subject: Re: I stupidly bricked two WRT54GL routers - any ideas? Reply with quote
johngammel wrote:
I've tried all the normal steps up through TFTP. Can't ever get it to ping and Windows 10 thinks the cable to the Ethernet port is disconnected.

Doing a JTAG just isn't worth the work/time to do it. Any ideas on other things I can try?
Serial. Wink

Regarding the tftp; you set a static 192.168.1.x IP to the router LAN port, and don't get any response at power-up? And I presume you already tried a 30/30/30?

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: