New Build 06-27-2019-r40134

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
ellick wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed problems accessing the web GUI after a few days? Internet and wireless all work but even with a wired connection I sometimes can't connect to 192.168.1.1 It just hangs while trying on multiple browsers and devices. I can connect via telnet with putty.

I've googled and found reports like this off and on but never seen any reasons or actual fixes for it.

Interesting. Yeah, I did notice some hiccup of some kind on the GUI, but bushed it off as some one in a million oddity. Havn't had any further trouble. I also auto reboot the router at 4 in the morning, and that seems to clean up a hand full of "odd issues" I can't put my finger on.
Sponsor
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just reverted to build r40009 and cleared everything. The GUI seems more responsive to me but I can't really tell. I was messing with that every day when i ran it and it always connected.

I'll see how it does when I don't touch it for a few days like with this build.
pbphoto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
With 40134, I have noticed it takes the GUI a little longer to load the page the first time I access it. Maybe 1-2 seconds. Then all other pages load fine.

In the syslog, there are the usual red HTTP errors every time the GUI is accessed. These errors have been going on for a year or so but are cosmetic. A bunch of them are written to the syslog like this:

Jul 13 05:38:14 router1 daemon.info httpd[2263]: httpd : Authentication fail
Jul 13 05:38:14 router1 daemon.err httpd[2263]: Request Error Code 401: Authorization required. please note that the default username is "root" in all newer releases
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using build 40009 I'm seeing the GUI open instantly. I don't mind a few seconds but after a couple of days running 40134, I couldn't get the GUI to open at all till I rebooted the router. Even while internet worked and other pages loaded fine. I could access it via telnet though.
The browsers would just sit spinning trying to access 192.168.1.1. This was on multiple browsers and devices.

I didn't think to look at the system log but will stick to the 40009 build for now.
Kamakzie
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Having the same issue. Have to reboot the router to access the GUI. Have you tried any newer versions since then?
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: