Router works fine until I plug in cable modem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
zrog2000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 20:17    Post subject: Router works fine until I plug in cable modem Reply with quote
I just bought a D-Link DIR-882 and flashed it with 40352. I configured it without plugging anything in except a cable which ran to my laptop. Everything was working fine and I had it the way I wanted it.

I disconnected my previous router (which also is flashed with 40352), turned off the cable modem for 2 minutes, turned it back on and waited until it was online, plugged my new router in and connected it to the cable modem.

When the router came up, I was able to connect to it wirelessly but there was no internet. So I try to go into the dd-wrt control panel and I cannot reach it. I cannot ping it. I cannot ping anything. I disconnect the wireless and plug an ethernet cable in. Same thing.

I disconnect the cable modem, reboot the router and I can access the network again and access the router.

I then tried a 30-30-30 reset and re-flash and re-config and I get the exact same thing.

I don't think it's a hardware issue so I posted it here (also it's a Mediatek processor so I wasn't sure what subforum to post in anyway). If this is the wrong place, I apologize.

Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsor
Iangh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's been problems with the latest builds. I'm using DD-WRT v3.0-r39296 std (03/27/19), which I have found to be latest stable build.
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Others have reported similar/same problems already.

If intent on using the D-Link firmware,
Suggest you use those released before April 2019.

For the D-Link DIR-878/882 routers that I deal with; I have reverted them all back to the stock D-Link firmware.
zrog2000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies. I did get it working with Broly's latest build. I never thought that the standard build would be completely dysfunctional to the point that you couldn't even ping the router.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you change the IP address on the router to a different sub-net than what your modem is using?

Having 192.168.1.1 on both LAN and WAN will not work.
zrog2000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Did you change the IP address on the router to a different sub-net than what your modem is using?

Having 192.168.1.1 on both LAN and WAN will not work.

I don't think that was the issue since I'm still using the same subnet and didn't change the modem. I'm just using the latest broly build and it works now somewhat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: