DIR-882 Cannot go back to stock firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
If memory serves, progress bar did appear and success message displayed.
However,
After initial D-Link login, the DIR-878 failed to identify itself. End result was no access to any configuration controls after few seconds/minutes.

Original shipped firmware method appears to have worked.
DIR-878 crash recovered with D-Link's original firmware, next to D-Link's transitional firmware and finally to D-Link's 1.12 firmware, currently has uptime of 2 days? and counting...
Sponsor
kabi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
casualtester wrote:
Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
If memory serves, progress bar did appear and success message displayed.
However,

Original shipped firmware method appears to have worked.
DIR-878 crash recovered with D-Link's original firmware, next to D-Link's transitional firmware and finally to D-Link's 1.12 firmware, currently has uptime of 2 days? and counting...

So I made few experiments myself - I've tried to build DLink distributed GPL image - which was not particularly easy to compile and compiled image even didn't boot yet for me (building 1.11 - since sources or 1.20 are not present)
but when going back to 'stock' firmware - recovery firmware refused to accept signed 1.11 dlink firmware

But it has accepted 1.01 - so I guess there are some issue where you may need to go first to some basic firmware and just after that you can go to newer versions.
clweb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
The curl method described by JavaGeek worked here for me after many unsuccessful tries with the D-Link's recovery.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: