RT-N66U Power Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
SWATcyp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:39    Post subject: RT-N66U Power Problem Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I was experiencing a power problem with my Asus RT N66U Router. The problem was when the router experienced a power loss such as unplugged cable or loss off electricity for 3 4 hours when turned on it needed to be turned off and on again. I wanted to share my solution with you guys. First i upgraded my bootloader to 1019 using SSH with merlin software. Then i installed ddwrt 36698 using recovery mode. Problem persisted. Then, i disabled bootwait and and lowered the cpu frequency to 300MHz. And voila! I tested the router last night. After 10 hr of remaining unplugged, it turned on without any problems. I wanted to share my experience with you. Thank you all.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:44    Post subject: Re: RT-N66U Power Problem Reply with quote
SWATcyp wrote:
bootloader to 1019

I presume you mean CFE 1.0.1.9

I have run my RT-AC66U with 1.0.1.3 at 662 Mhz for years. How old is this router? Maybe a capacitor that have dried out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: