DDWRT deleted wifi config

shahidr100
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:42    Post subject: DDWRT deleted wifi config Reply with quote
I need help badly.

I upgraded to DD-WRT firmware in my Asus Router RT-N16 broadband router. I was not satisfied with the performance and my USB was not working as expected, I reverted back to stock firmware successfully.

Now I am not able to use wireless. The 2.4ghz led on my router does not light up. There is no separate button to light it up on the router.

I did NVram clear couple of times. Did a router reset many a times. Re-flashed the stock firmware from webgui and also tried Asus firmware restoration utility but in vain.

Webgui is giving me options to configure wireless and which I configured but still no change.

As a last resort I did a telnet to my router and issued ifconfig command (read it somewhere on the internet) to check the interfaces. I see only br0, eth0 and vlan0. I could not find wifi?
Sponsor
shahidr100
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Ebigrad
Thanks for the reply.

Once I was back to stock firmware, the wifi led was working fine but for some reason the settings were not getting saved so I did a factory reset which did not solve the problem. I then did a hard reset post that the wifi led did not glow ever.

I have a question, If I go back to dd-wrt will the wifi work? The main reason for going back to stock firmware was that my NTFS partition was not getting recognized after attaching the usb and I was not able to make my printer work.

I know there are linux experts out there who can easily deal with this problem and help me out go get my wifi back.

Thanks once again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: