RT-AC3100: Repeater/Bridge = boot loops or bad VAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
benguild
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:23    Post subject: RT-AC3100: Repeater/Bridge = boot loops or bad VAP Reply with quote
I noticed that if I try to use the "Repeater Bridge" mode on this model, it goes into a reboot loop and I have to wipe the NVRAM.

If I use the plain "Repeater" mode, it works, but adding a VAP either also triggers a reboot loop or the VAP flat out does not work. So, essentially, using "Client" mode is maybe better... but that sucks since you lose the entire channel and are relying on the other radio solely for local clients.

The stock ASUS firmware would do something similar... it doesn't seem to support having multiple VAPs in Repeater mode, but it would do one... except that it wouldn't always work depending on how busy the Repeater channel was.

Has anyone experienced similar and/or found a workaround? This is on build 40352.

screenshot.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  111.71 KB
 Viewed:  1496 Time(s)

screenshot.png

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Downgrading to 40260 seems to have solved the VAP issue (I included the startup script, which did not help on 40352) but the 2.4 GHz channel still doesn't work alongside the repeater.

Is there a known workaround for this to balance that traffic?

Navigation

Jump to: