R7000 Wifi speed issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Gear82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 18:08    Post subject: R7000 Wifi speed issue Reply with quote
Hello.

I am running DD-WRT v3.0-r39960M kongac (06/08/19) on a R7000.
I have just flashed the router with this build, and have done a nvram erase prior and after the flash.

The problem is; I have a 300/300 connection to my ISP, and everything is working fine when wired up to the router. But the wireless have some problems.
Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz is running what I would call pretty unstable. Especially 5GHz. Whenever I run a speedtest over speedtest.net, it is jumping quite a lot up and down, and doesn't even hit 100 Mbps. 2.4 is a little more stable, but could certainly be better too and is also barely managing to hit 100 in download, but for some reason almost hits 200 in upload.

I have tried to use iperf3 to see how it is running when transferring from computer to computer (One on wireless and the other on cable), but it is the same outcome. Unstable, and not even close to the speeds 5GHz should be capable of. But I am 100% sure that I am the one who are just dumb, and missing a settings or two.

You can see my basic wifi settings in the image provided. I have not changed anything in the advanced wireless configuration.

As a side question. I have set my regulatory domain to the US, but I live in the EU, so I had the possibility to change the 5GHz channel. Is there a problem with that, or does anyone know how to solve that?

Thanks.

wifi-settings.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.73 KB
 Viewed:  729 Time(s)

wifi-settings.png

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: