IPV6 not working

dantheman4700
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:05    Post subject: IPV6 not working Reply with quote
Today i made the switch to ddwrt from stock netgear firmware on my R7800 (main router) and R6300V2 (WAP). I did this because of the lack of settings on stock netgear firmware and it spammed my pihole (which I use for my DHCP server also) with over 100,000 dns requests per day. Moving on, I set the WAP using the guide and it works flawlessly and so does everything else. I can access the internet just fine and my pi hole isnt getting spammed anymore with dns requets but one thing isnt working. IPV6 is not working at all. I tried using all ipv6 internet types, tried DHCPv6 and native from isp, tried turning off rarvd and then using my pihole to assign ipv6 addresses but nothing seems to work. I have Comcast as an isp. My first though was the us DHCPv6 with prefix and set the prefix to 64 like it was with the netgear firmware but nothing worked. My devices get assigned ipv6 addresses but still fail the ipv6 test. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should get a /56 delegated prefix from Comcast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: