Asus RT-AC68U stuck with fast blinking power led

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
razor1394
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 18:26    Post subject: Asus RT-AC68U stuck with fast blinking power led Reply with quote
Hi.

After some power outages and reboots my RT-AC68U is not booting anymore into DD-WRT and I'm trying to enter recovery. I managed to enter once and upload the latest original Asus firmware with the firmware restoration tool but after it uploaded I got greated with a password setting reminder for dd-wrt (first dd-wrt boot greeting). After I set the password and rebooted I can not enter recovery or dd-wrt no matter what reset techniques I try. I've tried the one on the Asus support page, the 30/30/30 and all other I could find but I cannot get past the fast flashing power led. If I have a connected ethernet cable to one of the switch ports it is also flashing which I guess is a good sign.

I don't remember the exact dd-wrt version but it was a pretty recent from late 2018 or early 2019.

I really loved this router. I have bought a RT-AC86U to replace it but I would really love to save this one because I need It's switch ports.

How can I enter dd-wrt again or recovery? I would really like to enter recovery and flash the stock firmware.

Alexander
Sponsor
razor1394
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a lot. That's what I suspected. I remember the blue power led started blinking slowly when I entered recovery. But I remember I entered recovery almost randomly after several tries. I will try tomorrow with your suggested technique. I have replaced the antennas with high quality ones as the original developed cracks so I don't want to loose this router.

Alexander
razor1394
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a lot. With your tip I almost immediately managed to boot into dd-wrt and set all my required settings. The firmware was older than I believed (18-01-30) so I tried to update it to dd-wrt 37305 (from the main page) and it didn't work (mayby the same reason I couldn't install the latest Asus official firmware). However the router now always boots into dd-wrt and it works so I am satisfied. My guess is some configuration file maybe got corrupt after all the power outages. I don't know.

Alexander
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try this one http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know why I'm not able to update the firmware no matter what I try. I've even tried updating directly to the official Asus firmware. Rebooting after the purpoused firmware update just keeps chugging and if I refresh the page there is no response. Cutting the power with the button and powering on resets all settings even though I clearly pressed save settings. Could there be some kind of write problem? Maybe I need to telnet to it and clear something?

Thanks / Alexander

Last edited by razor1394 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:59; edited 1 time in total
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
razor1394 wrote:
I don't know why I'm not able to update the firmware no matter what I try. I've even tried updating directly to the official Asus firmware. Rebooting after the purpoused firmware update just keeps chugging and if I refresh the page there is no response. Cutting the power with the button and powering on resets all settings even though I clearly pressed save settings. Could there be some kind of write problem. Maybe I need to telnet to it and clear something?

Thanks / Alexander

I don’t know. Where are you located? If you want to pay for two way shipping, I can try.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:10    Post subject: Cannot use gui environment Reply with quote
Hi,

I need your help.
I move from my ADSL connection to a fiber connection. So the IP given by my provider changed

When I restarted my routeur RT AC68U, impossible to surf with my PC's. Traceroute stopped at the routeur. It get the IP from the provider, with DNS and gateway.

So I decided to reset it. Bd idea I think...

After reboot, it asked me to changed the router name and password (twice of course)

Done. But when I try thue GUI interface, my new password for admin account is wrong

When I use Telnet to 192.168.1.1 with root account, it works with my new password.

Why it does not work with admin account on GUI interface ? How to do ?

BR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: