Linksys WRT32X & D-Link DIR601 WDS/Wireless Bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Scafidi454
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:57    Post subject: Linksys WRT32X & D-Link DIR601 WDS/Wireless Bridge Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been trying to get my two DD-WRT routers to work together as a wireless bridge. I have followed a guide on YouTube, but it's not working.

I have both APs in AP mode, same network settings (channel, password, authentication, mode, etc.). On the client router I have the host's wireless MAC added to WDS, set to router in advanced routing, SPI firewall turned off, and have set an IP and gateway address ( for host's IP) into the setup page.

On the host router, I have the wireless MAC of the client router in WDS.

I have restarted both several times, but nothing seems to work.

I have tried to do this many times, and have hard reset my client router about 15 times already today. I would like some help on this.

Please, send me a guide, video, etc. to get this working.

I even tried putting in all three MAC addresses of the Host router into the client routers WDS (it's a 3 AP plus LAN router and using the 3rd AP for this test), and I put both wireless and LAN MAC addresses in the hosts WDS under LAN; still cannot get it to work.

Thanks.

I'm running 39572 on the Host and 40009 on the client (versions of DD-WRT).
Sponsor
Scafidi454
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:27    Post subject: RE Reply with quote
Got it working by using client bridge mode and using the ath2/2nd Wireless network. Woo hoo! Had to do a site survey and "join" the Wifi host network, which wasn't in any instructions except this robotic video I saw. Haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: