[SPLIT] Netgear EX7300/7500/8000 Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
1_1_1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 16:41    Post subject: [SPLIT] Netgear EX7300/7500/8000 Support Reply with quote
Any update on support for the EX7300? I bought one a while back to use as a wifi bridge (IE provide a wired downlink for devices with inferior wifi and uplink to my AP via 5GHz.)

But the Netgear firmware is utter crap, it hi-jacks DNS and DHCP for it's wired clients and IMO is just plain a PITA.
Sponsor
tcf909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:43    Post subject: EX7500 Reply with quote
I've actually been looking at the EX7500 (Tri-band) so you can have a dedicated backhaul.

Kong, any interest in getting an EX7500 loaded with DD?

In a perfect world we would have support for EX8000 and EX7500. Perfect wifi setup Smile Solid main router / gateway, dedicated backhaul extenders. I think all the same chipsets.

(basically the orbi hardware without the orbi b.s. software).

Thoughts?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Get the 'R' Model. The 'EX' Models is only a crippled version with less memory and flash.
tcf909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Get the 'R' Model. The 'EX' Models is only a crippled version with less memory and flash.

But I want the wall plug form factor of the ex7500. Already have an R8000 and a r8500.

Great devices.
Speeddymon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Count me in as someone wanting DD-WRT on the EX7300.

I bought it refurb on Amazon a couple of days ago for HALF the retail price of a new one.

I realize it is crippled with only 16MB of flash and barely any features. DD-WRT Micro or Mini build is perfect for this device if it can ever be supported.

Kong, I know you said you sometimes get samples from Newegg.

I could just order one from Amazon and have it shipped directly to you if that would be easier.

PM me your address again plz. I'm curious if you got my last router or not, because I never heard/saw anything after I sent it.
imWACCo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like support also. I was just given one.
Ookamo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Count me in as well. I'd love to see a way to get MAC cloning, wISP or other methods of dealing with repeating a hotspot with captive portal as some travel routers can. Idea

Mod edit 11.17.23:

Currently, unless you are in the EU or acquire the device in the EU, or can figure out what EU/German customs wants to no halt shipment to the developer, then donations are not going to be received. I have not received any new guidance on shipping a donation to the developer.

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Netgear_EX7300 (Atheros QCA9558)

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Netgear_EX7500 (Qualcomm IPQ4019)

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Netgear_EX8000 (Qualcomm IPQ4019)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: