IPv6 ICMPv6 option 25

toxicanarchist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 22:01    Post subject: IPv6 ICMPv6 option 25 Reply with quote
I have a Comcast Business router plugged into one of the hub ports of a device running DDWRT. The Comcast router is sending out IPv6 Route Advertisements with RDNSS values. I'm also running RADVD with the following config on my DDWRT device (where the xxxx values represent my delegated prefix):

Code:
interface br0 {
    AdvSendAdvert on;
    prefix xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::/56 {
        AdvOnLink on;
        AdvRouterAddr on;
    };
    RDNSS fd00::111 fd00::110 {
        AdvRDNSSLifetime 3600;
    };
};

I'm finding that wireless devices connecting to my DDWRT access point see my DNS servers 9as specified by the radvd.conf), however the Comcast 2001:558:feed::1 and 2001:558:feed::2 are still showing up in the list as well.

How do I prevent the Comcast addresses from being propagated out? There is no option on the Comcast router to turn the RDNSS values from being set or even specifying custom values. Can I somehow block this aspect of the ICMP route advertisement with iptables on my DDWRT device? I a novice with iptables.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: