Trouble set up Guest Networking wl0.1 & wl1.1 with bridg

Goto page Previous  1, 2
puterboy2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43    Post subject: 'Save Firewall' gives repeated entries Reply with quote
I added the below command to the "Save Firewall..." statement under Administration->Commands
Quote:

ebtables -I FORWARD --logical-in br1 --logical-out br1 -j DROP

However, when I ssh into the router and run: ebables -L
I get that the command is repeated multiple times (2 or 3 depending on what other firewall commands I have).

Quote:

Bridge table: filter

Bridge chain: INPUT, entries: 0, policy: ACCEPT

Bridge chain: FORWARD, entries: 3, policy: ACCEPT
--logical-in br1 --logical-out br1 -j DROP

Bridge chain: OUTPUT, entries: 0, policy: ACCEPT

Any idea why the command would be run multiple times?
Sponsor
NoAhBoDy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
On a first glance your setup seems OK.

I would use the same encryption (WPA2/AES) in the past there were problems connecting if the encryption was different.

The latest build is not a very accurate description of the build number, in the latest Kong test build as of now 39855 VAP's are supposed to work better (but I have not verified that), in earlier builds VAP's were problemtatic and needed work arounds to start, from one of the build threads:

From approximately mid 2018 VAP's on Broadcom units are problematic, you cannot connect or do not get an IP address. There are workarounds :
1) When VAP is not working at boot; workaround startup command Administrationn/Commands, Save as Startup:
sleep 10; stopservice nas; stopservice wlconf; startservice wlconf; startservice nas;
2) Alternative way to get VAP working: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317181
3) An other user reports the following workaround (save as startup):
sleep 4; stopservice cron; stopservice wlconf; wlconf eth1 up; wlconf eth2 up; startservice cron;
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=319412
4)This one is from @Redhawk (guaranteed to work Wink ):
sleep 20; stopservice nas; wlconf eth1 down; wlconf eth2 down; wlconf eth1 up; wlconf eth2 up; startservice nas

Thanks! I just setup an Asus RT-AC68U with fw 37305 and for the life of me could not get an IP on my guest wireless. Option 4 (@Redhawk) fixed it up for me. I spent a couple hours trying to figure this out as I had it working perfectly on my old Linksys E3000.

Navigation

Jump to: