How to switch on/off internet access for certain mac address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
guido72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the answer in this thread: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=307182

You can activate a access policy by name/rule number:

Code:
/usr/sbin/nvram set filter_ruleMyRuleNumber="\$STAT:1\$NAME:MyRuleName\$DENY:1\$\$" && /sbin/stopservice firewall && /sbin/startservice firewall
root@Trapkast:~# /usr/sbin/nvram set filter_ruleMyRuleNumber="\$STAT:2\$NAME:MyRuleName\$DENY:1\$\$" && /sbin/stopservice firewall && /sbin/startservice firewall
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why don't you set it in the Access Restrictions tab in the GUI?
guido72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I don't want to do it through the gui because it takes a lot of time, starting a browser, log in, navigate to the right page, select the right rule, click on 'active', scroll down, click on 'apply'.
When it is set up in my Home Automation, I can open the app that I use a lot anyway, and just tab a switch.
Or I can just say: 'Computer, stop internet of xyz!'.
Ok, the last part is possible, but I don't have that installed yet. Wink.
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
guido72 wrote:
Finally I got some time to test the above. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.
When I issue 'iptables -vnL FORWARD', I get the table with lots lines.
When I type:
Code:
iptables -I FORWARD 1 -i `nvram get lan_ifname` -m mac --mac-source 4C:DD:31:90:D4:D1 -j REJECT

This is accepted, but 'iptables -vnL FORWARD' doesn't show any line with the mac address.
Also, the phone I am testing this with, is still connected to the internet through the router.
I tried 'su'and 'sudo' but this is not accepted.
Am I doing something wrong?

So I am struggling to understand why this is not working... have you tried individual parts of it? The do look at the very first line because the 1 after the FORWARD means it is the very first forward rule. I do suggest changing from REJECT to ACCEPT just to make sure that you do not remove access.
guido72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wildlion wrote:
So I am struggling to understand why this is not working...

I really appriciate that.
To answer the rest of your question: no I don't know how to investigate further. And because I now have a working way of setting a access rule active or inactive, this suits my needs! There isn't a reason for me to dig deeper anymore.

On the other thread, there is an even simpler way suggested. I will try that next weekend.
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let try:

Code:

iptables -I FORWARD 1 -j ACCEPT

If you see that as the first entry then do some traffic to see if the numbers are increasing

Code:

iptables -D FORWARD 1

to delete it

next try

Code:

iptables -I FORWARD 1 -i `nvram get lan_ifname` -j ACCEPT   

If you see that as the first entry then do some traffic to see if the numbers are increasing

to delete it

Code:

iptables -D FORWARD 1

If needed post the output of the iptables -vnL FORWARD command after you have added the rule

I am expecting to see something like:

Code:

# iptables -I FORWARD 1
 -i `nvram get lan_ifname` -m mac --mac-source 4C:DD:31:90:D4:D1 -j REJECT
# iptables -vnL FORWARD
Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination         
    0     0 REJECT     0    --  br0    *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           MAC --mac-source 4C:DD:31:90:D4:D1 reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: