Joined: 01 May 2016
|Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 0:24 Post subject: How to solve error -5533 in ARCHER C9 v1
|Reference: Edersp post on TP-Link forums:
|To help anyone who has this problem of error 5533 for updating to the latest firmware in the USA and not being able to go back to the European firmware. I got in touch with TP-LINK's own support and I will go step by step how to do it.
- Download the Archer C9 TP-LINK test firmware so that you can release the European firmware application and other firmware back on your router following the link from the tp-link support itself
- main link: http://support.tp-link.com/f/e918e5badc (broken link)
- backup links:
- This version above is the c9v1_un-up-ver4-1-0-P12002[20180223-rel35954].bin
- (NOTE: This is a test version that you will have to apply in order to release your router so that there is no more error 5533)
- Download the most current European firmware and install:
- (Note The most current version as of this post is the version Archer C9(UN)_V1_160517
- After updating with the Archer C9 (UN) _V1_160517 firmware, restore your router to factory defaults.
ONLY Mega downloaded for me, but flashed, reboot, flashed DD-WRT factory and then FW "08-04-2019-r40527 - tplink_archer-c9v1"
NOTE: Moderator edited for a cleaner post and added firmware image in case the Mega link ends up broken
|| 14.79 MB
|| 35 Time(s)