Can't download Steam games, or connect to Google Earth.

Slyke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:48    Post subject: Can't download Steam games, or connect to Google Earth. Reply with quote
When connected to my R7000p router via ethernet that's running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 std (10/10/18 )

I can't seem to download Steam games. The error Steam gives is:
Quote:
An error occurred while updating GAME NAME (no internet connection) :

No Download Source

This happens when trying to update the game, or doing a Fresh install. I have tried reinstalling Steam, clicking on 'Clear Download Cache' in the downloads tab in settings, and selecting a different Download Region. I can successfully download games if I bypass the router running DD-WRT.

When logging into Steam, there's a 50/50 chance it will say I have no internet connection and to try again or login in offline mode - most of the time clicking on try again will allow me to login. This also doesn't happen when bypassing the router running DD-WRT.

If I try to open up Google Earth, it will say I don't have an internet connection as well, and also none of the world will load. Again, bypassing the router fixes this.

I have turned off SPI, QoS and UPnP, and tried with them on.

Also, another weird thing I noticed is that Chrome can't access WUI pages on the router that are behind Basic Auth. I can see non-authenticated pages such as the Status page with Chrome, but as soon as I click on a link that would require me to enter in the auth credentials, Chrome immediately errors with
Quote:
This site can’t be reached The webpage at http://192.168.X.X/Management.asp might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_TOO_MANY_RETRIES

This happens on Windows, with both my desktop PC, and my laptop. Other browsers such as Edge and Firefox work fine. Chrome also works on my Android phone.

I've tried for hours to fix these problems but have hit dead ends in all cases.

Don't seem to have any other problems with it. Everything else works fine from what I can tell.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: