DD-WRT Slowly Starts Blocking All Smart Home Devices

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
casbboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:26    Post subject: DD-WRT Slowly Starts Blocking All Smart Home Devices Reply with quote
I can't figure this out. I have a RT-AC68U with DD-WRT DD-WRT v3.0-r34311 (12/29/17) and having weird issue.

it just stops allowing smart devices to connect. If I clear vram and reset router and reboot. I first setup the wifi to the same settings, and all my smart devices reconnect and I can access them all.

Within an hour my Nest thermostat can't connect. Within a few weeks I lose more Nest devices, like the smoke detector, and my August door locks can no longer connect. Then a few Alexa Pods can't connect, and it keeps going.

Is there an easy way to ensure smart devices can stop being blocked by DD-WRT?

Cheers
Ryan
Sponsor
ACwifidude
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are tons of older threads about adjusting advanced settings like DTIM - I’d avoid those recommendations.

The smart device disconnects almost always are due to power save mode and the device falling off while it is sleeping. 2 years ago I had to swap back to stock firmware. More recent iterations of DD-WRT are reported to be working better. Update to the latest firmware for your device and see if that does it for you. If DD-WRT doesn’t work with the latest updates consider Merlin or stock Asus firmware to keep your power save devices connected.

Inactive: R6250 X 2 BS DD-WRT
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: