Dual WAN (WiFI)

bartelsjoshuac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:42    Post subject: Dual WAN (WiFI) Reply with quote
So I successfully setup a NetGear WNDR4300 dual radio router with auth0 (2.4ghz) as a client to another AP, and it routes just fine with that as the WAN. I tried it with auth1 (5ghz) as a client, but I found a lot of articles that state that only the auth0 client works, so I am not worried about it.

Then I took a step back and I setup this dual WAN on the WAN port and port 1:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Dual-WAN_for_simple_round-robin_load_equalization

That works too. What I wanted to do was take it a step further, and do dual WAN with the WAN port connected to my cable modem as normal, but then the the auth0 connected to my cell phone tethering. Essentially turn my $15 router in a $500 cradlepoint router, so that I would not have everything going over the WAN, but the failover would be over the wireless client on auth0 to my cell phone. This would be a cool setup. The problem is the instructions above are straight forward, you create a new VLAN for the WAN and put the WAN port and port 1 (or whichever you want) into that new VLAN. But there are no "ports" for the different WAN interfaces, they all seem to be bridged into eth0.

I found an excellent description of the internal routing and bridging, but it does not cover what is going on with the wireless side of the house.
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Default_internal_device_networks

Has anyone done what I am trying to do, or thought about doing it?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: