KongPro (OpenWRT) - 2019 / 08 / 28

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Message
Ah-Pin-Kor
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Sep 2015
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Changelog for 19.07.x build.

06/22/19:
-kernel update 4.14.128
-e2guardian update 5.2.2
-banIP update 0.1.4

_________________

Netgear R7800 kongpro 19.07 20190919 || Netgear R7000 36070M kongac (Client Bridge=5GHz, AP=2.4GHz with bridged VAP)
Linksys WRT32X davidc502 OpenWrt || Linksys WRT1200ACv1 Gargoyle 1.11.x
Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 dd-wrt 39956
Sponsor
glenb2
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 25 Mar 2017
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:
Changelog for 19.07.x build.

06/22/19:
-kernel update 4.14.128
-e2guardian update 5.2.2
-banIP update 0.1.4



Kernel is still 4.14.127
Ah-Pin-Kor
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Sep 2015
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
glenb2 wrote:
Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:
Changelog for 19.07.x build.

06/22/19:
-kernel update 4.14.128
-e2guardian update 5.2.2
-banIP update 0.1.4



Kernel is still 4.14.127

nope. it's confirmed 4.14.128.

Model Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800
Architecture ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
Firmware Version KONG 19 2019-Q2 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch (f138fc93)
Kernel Version 4.14.128


root@OpenWrt:~# uname -a
Linux OpenWrt 4.14.128 #0 SMP Thu Jun 20 20:18:46 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

_________________

Netgear R7800 kongpro 19.07 20190919 || Netgear R7000 36070M kongac (Client Bridge=5GHz, AP=2.4GHz with bridged VAP)
Linksys WRT32X davidc502 OpenWrt || Linksys WRT1200ACv1 Gargoyle 1.11.x
Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 dd-wrt 39956
glenb2
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 25 Mar 2017
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:
glenb2 wrote:
Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:
Changelog for 19.07.x build.

06/22/19:
-kernel update 4.14.128
-e2guardian update 5.2.2
-banIP update 0.1.4



Kernel is still 4.14.127

nope. it's confirmed 4.14.128.

Model Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800
Architecture ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
Firmware Version KONG 19 2019-Q2 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch (f138fc93)
Kernel Version 4.14.128


root@OpenWrt:~# uname -a
Linux OpenWrt 4.14.128 #0 SMP Thu Jun 20 20:18:46 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux


Yes, weirdness between me and my computer. My bad
labrok
DD-WRT User


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 255
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 21:19    Post subject: Linksys EA-8500 Reply with quote
Guys cannot install any ipk,it stucks on configuring package and never ends! What is this?
Ah-Pin-Kor
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Sep 2015
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 0:30    Post subject: Re: Linksys EA-8500 Reply with quote
labrok wrote:
Guys cannot install any ipk,it stucks on configuring package and never ends! What is this?

Which branch/version are you on? which ipk? Did you run "opkg update" before installing?
It's not a general problem because I've installed a few pkgs with each release, incl. the latest June 22 (19.07).

_________________

Netgear R7800 kongpro 19.07 20190919 || Netgear R7000 36070M kongac (Client Bridge=5GHz, AP=2.4GHz with bridged VAP)
Linksys WRT32X davidc502 OpenWrt || Linksys WRT1200ACv1 Gargoyle 1.11.x
Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 dd-wrt 39956
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1281

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:35    Post subject: Re: Linksys EA-8500 Reply with quote
Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:
labrok wrote:
Guys cannot install any ipk,it stucks on configuring package and never ends! What is this?

Which branch/version are you on? which ipk? Did you run "opkg update" before installing?
It's not a general problem because I've installed a few pkgs with each release, incl. the latest June 22 (19.07).


yep no prob here so far 1907
NinthWave
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 12 Mar 2018
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 14:58    Post subject: Kong builds working on Atheros Reply with quote
Novice question here but do Kong builds mainly differ from Brainslayer in features like QoS or in hardware as Atheros vs IPQ? From my understanding, it's the later but...

Can I try a Kong build on an Archer C7 v2 (Atheros) or is it definitely meant for IPQ?

Thanks.

[EDIT 19/06/23 11:05]
The reason I am asking is because of this thread I started and a guy suggested I move to Gargoyle but I have been <2 years on DD-WRT and like it.

I need QOS.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320215

_________________
[Archer C7 V2] running r40048 std
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 1487
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ninthwave, this particular thread is for kongs openwrt build.
He does not have an openwrt for the archer routers.

Generally Kong tests features for stability, performance and bugginess whereas B.S. does not personally test his builds typically.

For Kong it's not a business but for B.S. it is.

_________________
Router currently owned:
Netgear R7800 - Router
Netgear R7000 - AP mode

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
NinthWave
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 12 Mar 2018
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
Ninthwave, this particular thread is for kongs openwrt build.
He does not have an openwrt for the archer routers.

Generally Kong tests features for stability, performance and bugginess whereas B.S. does not personally test his builds typically.

For Kong it's not a business but for B.S. it is.


@slidermike, I know this one thread is for OpenWRT build.

I have looked at download links for OpenWRT, DD-WRT and DD-WRT test Kong's builds and all builds have FW for IPQ routers but my question remains: should I try an IPQ build over an Atheros router, would there beany remote chance it could (not will) work or it's a total waste of time?

<Kong> tests them on his own routers but I don't have enough h/w knowledge to anticipate on my own if an IPQ F/W could work on an Atheros...

_________________
[Archer C7 V2] running r40048 std
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7106
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
NinthWave wrote:
but my question remains: should I try an IPQ build over an Atheros router, would there beany remote chance it could (not will) work or it's a total waste of time?


if u want to brick it

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S) || Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi Settings Guide || Qualcomm Atheros Repeating

[X86-64] Haswell i3-4150 ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41375 std
[QUALCOMM] R7800 -----------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40270M kongat
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41375 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41375 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41375 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40634 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
claudel24
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 06 Sep 2017
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
dotcomcoolie-free wrote:
Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:
Changelog for 19.07.x build.

06/20/19:
-kernel update 4.14.127 (SACK panic fix)
-update unbound 1.9.2
-add WPA3 support



The Services\Network Shares feature which I use to share my USB drive has not worked consistently in the last few builds. I can see drive mounted but when browsing the drive none of my files show up. This was working properly a few builds ago.


I just tested it on both 18.06 and 9.07 build, works fine here. Did you switch builds? Maybe need to reset, since 9.07 build comes with samba4?





Good job Kong, results straight out of the box, just used the updater easy as pie
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/51191820
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/51191820
billygoat76
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46    Post subject: Nice Job Kong Reply with quote
This is on KONG 19 2019-Q2 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch (f138fc93) .

Software flow offloading is enabled.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/51198871

Thank you for this build.
2nd run...

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/51199456
NinthWave
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 12 Mar 2018
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
NinthWave wrote:
but my question remains: should I try an IPQ build over an Atheros router, would there beany remote chance it could (not will) work or it's a total waste of time?


if u want to brick it


Thanks! That what the short and straight answer I was looking for.

_________________
[Archer C7 V2] running r40048 std
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1281

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 13:44    Post subject: Re: Nice Job Kong Reply with quote
billygoat76 wrote:
This is on KONG 19 2019-Q2 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch (f138fc93) .

Software flow offloading is enabled.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/51198871

Thank you for this build.
2nd run...

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/51199456


how about flow_offloading_hw ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 20
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum