KongPro (OpenWRT) - 2019 / 08 / 28

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> is the extra overhead value between 2-6 bytes still recommended for this build 07/29? i assume the overhead estimator is still there?
Sponsor
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
<Kong> is the extra overhead value between 2-6 bytes still recommended for this build 07/29? i assume the overhead estimator is still there?

I'm using no overhead on my vdsl now, as I ran the atm overhead detector which showed that the recommendation for vdsl is not correct for my vdsl line

https://github.com/moeller0/ATM_overhead_detector

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:

do we have to change default overhead on sqm qos from 34 for vdsl over atm to something else?
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
labrok wrote:
jerrytouille wrote:

do we have to change default overhead on sqm qos from 34 for vdsl over atm to something else?

it depends on your line. use the tool kong shared
aaronburrsir108
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there an easy way to completely disable ipv6 ? I've tried via sysctl but the module still gets loaded. I would like to set 'ipv6.disable=1' as a kernel boot parameter but not quite how to do that.

thanks
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
labrok wrote:
jerrytouille wrote:

or a quick start guide is to set ul/dl speed, select cake/pieceofcake/none(default) overhead. done

*kong made it easy with built-in overhead estimator so no need to enter overhead manually

Last edited by jerrytouille on Tue Jul 30, 2019 15:00; edited 1 time in total
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
aaronburrsir108 wrote:
Is there an easy way to completely disable ipv6 ? I've tried via sysctl but the module still gets loaded. I would like to set 'ipv6.disable=1' as a kernel boot parameter but not quite how to do that.

thanks

via gui:
network-interfaces
lan-dhcp server section-ipv6 settings tab-select 'disabled' for all
wan6-uncheck bring up on boot
save & apply
reboot
done
labrok
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
jerrytouille wrote:
labrok wrote:
jerrytouille wrote:

or a quick start guide is to set ul/dl speed, select cake/pieceofcake/none(default) overhead. done

*kong made it easy with built-in overhead estimator so no need to enter overhead manually

YES that was the setting !! i thought it was 34 but 0 did the job!! http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/52509017
labrok
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
jerrytouille wrote:
labrok wrote:
jerrytouille wrote:

yes my mistake, changed the overhead to none and its way better http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/52521178
atiensivu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Running this build on R7800, doing wireless client (STA) to an LTE hotspot on 2.4ghz and it is smoking the speed I used to get out of recent BS and Kong builds on my older R7000.

I wouldn't expect much of a speed difference with LTE, but the latency is especially lower.

Does your changes have a github anywhere?

This Novatel 7730L used to use USB RNDIS on the first firmware shipped by Verizon in the USA but now seems to use CDC now. That's good overall but everyone, including me, sees it just cycle between connect and disconnect on the USB hub. Not sure if there is a special setting or usb modeset to kick start it correctly.

Thanks for this build Kong, I'm really enjoying it.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
atiensivu wrote:
Running this build on R7800, doing wireless client (STA) to an LTE hotspot on 2.4ghz and it is smoking the speed I used to get out of recent BS and Kong builds on my older R7000.

I wouldn't expect much of a speed difference with LTE, but the latency is especially lower.

This Novatel 7730L used to use USB RNDIS on the first firmware shipped by Verizon in the USA but now seems to use CDC now. That's good overall but everyone, including me, sees it just cycle between connect and disconnect on the USB hub. Not sure if there is a special setting or usb modeset to kick start it correctly.

I just added the modules for rndis and ipeth, next build will have the packages for it in the opkg repo, maybe that helps.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
atiensivu wrote:

I just added the modules for rndis and ipeth, next build will have the packages for it in the opkg repo, maybe that helps.

Hi, KONG. Thanks for your great jobs. My EA8500 is at "KONG 19 2019-Q2 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch (f138fc93)". Works fantastic.
I have a 320G ESATA disk. This disk was tested on windows10 using FAT32, got read=85M/s write=78M/s.
Attached it to EA8500, only got 33M/s when reading from samba by wire network. I use dd to test the io speed. The file size is 1024M .

time dd if=./largefile of=/dev/null bs=4k
262144+0 records in
262144+0 records out
real 0m 14.73s
user 0m 0.34s
sys 0m 3.69s

1024/14.73=69.5M/s

Does that mean Samba is the key of low speed?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
regsofweb wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
atiensivu wrote:

Hi, KONG. Thanks for your great jobs. My EA8500 is at "KONG 19 2019-Q2 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch (f138fc93)". Works fantastic.
I have a 320G ESATA disk. This disk was tested on windows10 using FAT32, got read=85M/s write=78M/s.
Attached it to EA8500, only got 33M/s when reading from samba by wire network. I use dd to test the io speed. The file size is 1024M .

time dd if=./largefile of=/dev/null bs=4k
262144+0 records in
262144+0 records out
real 0m 14.73s
user 0m 0.34s
sys 0m 3.69s

1024/14.73=69.5M/s

Does that mean Samba is the key of low speed?

New samba4 is the problem, I ran a test with both samba4 and proftpd on the same router. Samba4 gave me around 30MB/s, but with ftp to the same folder I got 85MB/s. It is pretty strange as cpu is not fully maxed out, when using samba, that's why I first thought it is a IO problem until I tried ftp.

When I feel like it I'll profile it, must be some waiting/timeout etc. issue.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
kong made it easy with built-in overhead estimator so no need to enter overhead manually

Hello where is this ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
The answer is literally the sentence above the one you quoted.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 20
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: