Issue with APIPA address on WNR2000v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cds8410
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:51    Post subject: Issue with APIPA address on WNR2000v2 Reply with quote
Hello! Been having issues with a Netgear WNR2000v2 since it has been flashed. I used dd-wrt.v24-39715_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk for the firmware. For some reason, I keep getting an APIPA address when my router is connected via ethernet. The router itself is not connected to the net, but it's connected to a machine that is. I did not have this issue until after it was flashed.

I did try to get into the router before factory resetting, based on the wiki (may have misunderstood the optimal order). When that failed, I jumped ahead and tried a reset. Tried a few methods: 30sec, 30/30/30, power on/off, unplugged for ~20min and the issue persisted. Tried a few separate resets, honestly.

I have tried manually addressing an IP, using the subnet and default gateway of the PC its plugged into via ethernet. But that does not seem to have worked either.

The good news is that I'm pretty sure this isn't bricked (more than I can say for my last run). It shows up under my network connections and I can ping the router after I manually change the IP. Power light isn't blinking, either. It's alive, I just can't seem to reach it and get in the configs menu.

In case it helps, I'm doing this in Chrome (cleared cache) and the serial number of the router is 23B19B7F01C7A.

Apologizing in advance if this is a silly fix! Trying to get a handle on working with networks in general. Let me know if I'm missing any critical info!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: