DD-wrt Builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
slick50
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 13:39    Post subject: DD-wrt Builds Reply with quote
I have one question about builds. How many people or builds "roughly" (just throw a number) are there on here for the linksys wrt32x / wrt3200acm routers. Is it just one person making builds for a specific router or is it multiple people making builds. Trying to figure things out here. I see different builds all over the place. Thanks guys
Sponsor
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 21:51    Post subject: betas innit Reply with quote
The answer to your question is partly that the builds are betas. They aren't quite nightly builds, and you should read the thread for a build before flashing it, if you are worried about stability.
As far as I know the entity known as Brainslayer is responsible for all builds, although he does have a gang of coding Oompa Loompas available to him.
slick50
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you both very much for the detailed response. This definitely helps us newbies. Laughing
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the "Timeline" page very useful for tracking builds. You may as well.

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline
NBA Jam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
All new builds are beta builds by Brainslayer, meaning stability can change from one build to the next. If you're interested in having a stable connection, you should only upgrade your build if you're experiencing a specific issue that is resolved later, or if a major security event occurs that is fixed in a newer version of DD-WRT. Otherwise, find a stable build and stick with it.

Regularly upgrading beta builds is not advised if you're running something people rely on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: