New Build: 04-16-2019-r39538

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Chade Fallstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 22:42    Post subject: New Build: 04-16-2019-r39538 Reply with quote
Tested this latest build on my Dir-882, sadly geting the same issues as the previous 3 builds, Wifi LEDs are non functional and cannot connect any wireless devices. IE was unable to perform the upgrade, but Firefox worked ok.

Tried configuring it anyway to see if it helped with the issues, it didn't, but I noticed some very interesting new options, like, Queuing Discipline now appears in the NAT/QoS tab with options for SFQ/Codel/fq_codel and PIE. Cool

A whole bunch of new stuff under the Basic Setting > Wireless tab, too much to go into. New Wireless Security options and also some new options for TCP Congestion Control, bbr, cdg, nv, veno, lp, yeah and illinois.

Lots of awesome stuff there, lets hope they figure the issues out. Fingers crossed.
Sponsor
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Chade Fallstar
Chade Fallstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
No problem. As a bit of an update, to see if I could work around the problems I decided to flash back to the original Dlink firmware and then perform the full factory-to-ddwrt > webflash.bin upgrade. No luck there either so I downgraded back to an earlier build, 39296, now I'm not sure if this is just a placebo effect, but the earlier build feels snappier now when changing and applying the configuration and the router seems to apply and reboot more quickly than before?

Not sure why it should? Something to do with the factory-to-ddwrt flash perhaps? Although I'd assume everything would be written over entirely when flashing the earlier build back on. Don't know, like I said, maybe I'm just imagining things.
warpxspeed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:00    Post subject: bad builds for April Reply with quote
I am having the same issues here with my DIR-882. None of the builds for April work correctly. I have tried these builds on my Asus ac66u and they work as intended there. The April builds do work if I use the wired ports on the DIR-882. The wireless access is really all over the place but mostly really really bad. The speeds vary from time outs to about 30 Mbps (I am on a 300Mbps line)

Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: