TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 v3 (Later Patch)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
crematesjay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 15:04    Post subject: TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 v3 (Later Patch) Reply with quote
I have DD-WRT v3.0-r37582 currently installed but i want to update to a new version. I want to install TRANSMISSION on my router and also use some of the new features from the latest releases. I understand the version i have installed was released in November 2018. Anyone had any experience with the later versions with the same router as mine. I know i will probably be advised by others to test it myself, but i live in a house full of people who rely on the router be working all the time, so therefore have little downtime to update when need be.
Thanks in advance
Sponsor
neveroffline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I came from a c7 archer and upgrading to recent was a bitch and a half. The c7 update files are so outdated it's basically improbable to get back to where you were previously, I was on a 29xxx build from Sep or Oct of 2016.

I gave up. I got my c7 up to recent to then realize BS thought it was a good idea to remove IPKG. All previous IPKG links were all broken - no problem. I got IPKG installed from a previous version.

IPKG wouldn't work completely and it was unable to get any other packages installed. OPKG required ipkg, entware required opkg, etc. Conundrum.

Tried OpenWRT for the c7. What a joke, same issue. Broken IPKG, OPKG links, no way to update without hacking the shit out of it. Back to dd-wrt.

Went back to stock factory after ddwrt only to find out it didn't work, had a bricked c7 from a ddwrt webrevert. Had to TFTP now.

Found a C7 bin with the boot bin stripped/trimmed and got it back up to stock TP-LINK and it ran solid.

The ddwrt webrevert for the c7 on here bricked my unit and my only way to get it back was from another file not on here.

The whole ddwrt support system has fallen apart. You have broken links in 2-3yr old firmware, and brand new firmware etc. Flash at your own risk (as always)

Long story short, please don't make my mistake and say, I need an update, my old firmware has an update etc. No, it doesn't have an update. Those files/links are now broken. You lost IPKG. You can't install shit easily. Don't.
crematesjay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow. That's an eye opener. Well then can anyone point me in the right direction to install Transmission on my router. All the previous step by step are very dated. Plus a bit confusing. I'm using Windows 7.
Thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: