Stupid question - where's latest r9000 Kong build?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Author Message
joncarlson
DD-WRT User


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 54

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 22:48    Post subject: Stupid question - where's latest r9000 Kong build? Reply with quote
Stupid question, I went here:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K4-AC-ALPINE/

But that link gives me a "Error 404 - Not found" message. Has the site been moved? Is there a new place to find firmware?

Thanks!
Sponsor
Kloze
DD-WRT User


Joined: 11 Apr 2017
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 0:09    Post subject: Re: Stupid question - where's latest r9000 Kong build? Reply with quote
joncarlson wrote:
Stupid question, I went here:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K4-AC-ALPINE/

But that link gives me a "Error 404 - Not found" message. Has the site been moved? Is there a new place to find firmware?

Thanks!


For the time being or until an official announcement, Kong appears to have moved on from DD-WRT hence the broken link. Your best bet would be to ask a fellow forum member for the specific firmware that you were looking for.
joncarlson
DD-WRT User


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 54

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:56    Post subject: Re: Stupid question - where's latest r9000 Kong build? Reply with quote
Kloze wrote:

For the time being or until an official announcement, Kong appears to have moved on from DD-WRT hence the broken link. Your best bet would be to ask a fellow forum member for the specific firmware that you were looking for.

Ah, bummer.

Basically I’m just looking for the latest for a new installation. I guess that now consists of BS builds? I thought I read on here a couple months ago people felt the Kong build was more stable so I was looking for that.
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 1126
Location: Illinois Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 15:19    Post subject: Re: Stupid question - where's latest r9000 Kong build? Reply with quote
joncarlson wrote:
Ah, bummer.

Basically I’m just looking for the latest for a new installation. I guess that now consists of BS builds? I thought I read on here a couple months ago people felt the Kong build was more stable so I was looking for that.


Kong's last R9000 update was 12-26-18, and I didn't think it was any better than the BS builds.

FWIW, I am running BS's 39290 (3-26-19) and it seems to run ok, but I am not doing anything extravagant with it either...

Regardless, it's sad to see Kong "gone."

"Kong Pro" doesn't, yet, seem to have a build for the R9000; but, it may be coming with enough "demand".

_________________
TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | QCA WIFI WIKI | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]43874 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 nightly (2xOffsite)
[R7800]taking a nap
[WDR3600]BS 42567 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare here napping)
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I miss his ddup and bootstrap for my 5 R9000's.
_________________
Segment 1 R9000 10Gb LAN, 1Gb ISP BS
Test Bed R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 1 R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 2 R9000 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 3 R9000 1Gb LAN
Test Bed R7800 1Gb LAN OpenWRT Kong
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
www.desipro.de/openwrt/ (Kong's)
YAMon usage-
www.monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Nov 2012
Posts: 904

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have none of you checked this? I been posting it around.

But get them while you can. because I will keep them up for as long as I can or until one of the dd-wrt devs tells me to stop.

ftp://gakinaction.ddns.net/Kong%20PTB/

_________________
Is everything okay?

WDS AP - R7800
WDS STATION - R7500V2
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 1126
Location: Illinois Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gameman Advanced Kid wrote:
Have none of you checked this? I been posting it around.

But get them while you can. because I will keep them up for as long as I can or until one of the dd-wrt devs tells me to stop.

ftp://gakinaction.ddns.net/Kong%20PTB/


Your repository has the final days of his build/s
For the R9000 that would be the 12-26-18 build...

That said, I'm grateful for the archive and keeping it up!

_________________
TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | QCA WIFI WIKI | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]43874 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 nightly (2xOffsite)
[R7800]taking a nap
[WDR3600]BS 42567 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare here napping)
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Posts: 271

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Gameman Advanced Kid

great, thank you!
Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum