Suggested build for WRT54GS v4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
algosat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:24    Post subject: Suggested build for WRT54GS v4 Reply with quote
Hello guys. Longtime DD-WRT user, first-time poster Smile

I have a Linksys WRT54GS v4 witch currently works as a Client Bridge to transfer my WiFi to my TV set and consoles.

I had a habit of flashing the latest dd-wrt build every 2 - 3 months. Lately, I 've been having issues with the latest builds. The peak was bricking my router with build 39572.

I managed to revive it using the serial port with the help of a friend.

I understand that there is no gain to updating this old router anymore... I learned my lesson...

So my question is, what is the latest stable/suggested dd-wrt version to downgrade to? Simply to flash it and forget...

Thank you very much in advance!
Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 14:06    Post subject: Re: Suggested build for WRT54GS v4 Reply with quote
algosat wrote:

I understand that there is no gain to updating this old router anymore... I learned my lesson...

So my question is, what is the latest stable/suggested dd-wrt version to downgrade to? Simply to flash it and forget...
What issues were you have prior to the brick? Smile Did you save the serial boot log from the debrick, to help the devs fix the problem? What was the last recent build before you started having problems?

Offhand...try 35531, if you have problems with that: 34311. From there: 33772, 33555, 33006.

|OpenWRT 19.7.3: RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
algosat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:04    Post subject: Re: Suggested build for WRT54GS v4 Reply with quote
jwh7 wrote:
algosat wrote:

What issues were you have prior to the brick? Smile Did you save the serial boot log from the debrick, to help the devs fix the problem? What was the last recent build before you started having problems?

Offhand...try 35531, if you have problems with that: 34311. From there: 33772, 33555, 33006.

Hi.

Thx for the reply! I was experiencing wifi drops and random reboots mainly. As I said, it was a simple setup (client bridge).

Unfortunately, I don't have the logs of the debrick... I do have some logs, while I was trying to troubleshoot the following error

get_wl_instance doesnt return the right value 0
No such device

right after my debrick. Wifi was not being detected.

I solved the issue by a simple 30-30-30 reset. Smile

I just finished flashing the 35531 build. I will report back if any issues arise.

Thanks again!

wrt54gs.txt
 Description:
WRT54GS v4

get_wl_instance doesnt return the right value 0
No such device

Right after flashing new build via serial

Download
 Filename:  wrt54gs.txt
 Filesize:  482.25 KB
 Downloaded:  177 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: