VLAN Tagged + WIFI Bridge stopped working (used to work)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 18:03    Post subject: VLAN Tagged + WIFI Bridge stopped working (used to work) Reply with quote
I had a VLAN Tagged that was bridge with WIFI that used to work but along all the firmware upgrades it has stopped working.

The current router is an ASUS AC-66U with Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r39296M giga (03/27/19)

It is connected to a Netgear WNAP210 Wireless access point on port 3 on the AC66U with 2 SSIDs. 1st SSID is VLAN Tagged #1 and 2nd SSID is VLAN Tagged #3

On the DDWRT Router side, I have the VLAN tab set for Port 3 to Tag #1 and #3

Then I created a new bridge call 'gl0' assigned 'vlan3' and 'wl0.1' (another SSID on the DDWRT router), then rebooted the DDWRT router. But gl0 didn't show up in the port section but I do have both 'vlan3' and 'wl0.1'. No matter I created a Multi DHCP Server and assigned it to 'gl0' reboot.

I connected a laptop via wifi to the WNAP210 2nd SSID, no DHCP assignment. Connected the laptop via wifi to the WNAP210 1st SSID, got the IP from the br0 network.

I am assuming that the DDWRT isn't seeing or recognizing the 'vlan3' tagged packets. How do I fix this?? Please advice

----MORE TEST----

Just for kicks, I decided to unbridge the vlan3 port gave it the IP settings and then the the Multi DHCP Server to vlan3. remove vlan3 from bridge 'gl0'

This DOES work and connecting to the WNAP210 on 2nd SSID I do get the IP associated with the Multi DHCP Server.

Now the question is why when it is assigned to the bridge it stop working. Maybe it has to do with the fact that a new Bridge isn't in the Port section?

Sponsor
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
FIXED... not sure why this is a restriction

you can only use br#

I changed it to br1 and it works fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: